1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Linebacker Durant just trying fit in with Cowboys

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 11, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,056 Messages
    5,560 Likes Received
    By Clarence E. Hill Jr.

chill@star-telegram.com

IRVING — Free agent linebacker Justin Durant is still learning the Dallas Cowboys’ scheme and his new teammates.

He has yet to earn a starting job, though he is a favorite to line up next to middle linebacker Sean Lee at strongside linebacker.

However, Durant has already achieved top ranking as the best Twitter follow on the team.

“Twitter is just an outlet to let people know who I am as a person, to see different sides,” Durant said. “Everybody just doesn’t want to know who you are as a football player. It’s 2013. They want to know who you are, what you like, what kind of music you like. I play into it, joke around with the people and try to interact as much as I can.”

Durant doesn’t know if his new teammates fully understand his personality yet. But he said he is no different in person than he is on Twitter.

Read the rest: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/06/11/4926842/linebacker-durant-just-trying.html
  2. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,218 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    Durant was a solid pick-up and if Lee and Carter can stay healthy, the LB corps will be fun to watch.