1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: No acknowledged lineup changes yet at WR or CB

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 12, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,087 Messages
    5,632 Likes Received
    Clarence Hill

The return of cornerback Orlando Scandrick from injury has rekinkled questions raised in the preseason and training camp about whether he would possibly unseat veteran Terence Newman in the starting lineup.

Coach Jason Garrett, however, said the situation will continue to be evaluated.

"As we go forward we'll evaluate that situation," Garrett said. "We feel good about the number of corners that we have, starting type players and also guys who havent been starting but been playing a lot.

The decision seems more cut and dried at the third receiver, where Laurent Robinson appears to have nudged ahead of Kevin Ogletree for the primary spot behind starters Dez Bryant and Miles Austin.

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...owledged-lineup-changes-yet-at-wr-or-cb-.html
  2. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,259 Messages
    566 Likes Received
    "Laurent Robinson appears to have nudged ahead of Kevin Ogletree for the primary spot behind starters Dez Bryant and Miles Austin."

I don't know about all that. I think they're neck and neck. Which doesn't speak well of Ogletree.
  3. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,645 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    neck and neck? Kevin Ogletree never had a game close to what robinson did vs the lions. Kevin Olgetree needs to stop coasting along and just going through the motions. He has potential but he has to reach it. This is year 3 and he looks like he is still a rookie out on the field. I hope he improves. He just doesn't seem like he works hard enough.
  4. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,642 Messages
    926 Likes Received
    It would not surprise me if Ogletree is released to make room for either Carter or Buehler on the roster. Then Harris and Holley move up the pecking order.

Ogletree had a chance to make plays and failed miserably. Robinson didn't nudge ahead of Ogletree, he blew by him.
  5. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,467 Messages
    928 Likes Received
    Huh? Ogletree has clearly lost that spot
  6. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,264 Messages
    615 Likes Received
    Neck and neck? What are you talking about? This race is over and Ogletree didn't even finish the race. I still wouldn't cut him though. I think he's a good 4th receiver and if you've watched GB and NO, you'll see that you need several receiving options if you're going to be a Super Bowl contender.
  7. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,332 Messages
    834 Likes Received
    Are they serious about O Scan over Newman? i love me some O Scan but let's be realistic
  8. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received

WoW!!! :laugh2: Just what WR was wearing Ogletrees jersey when you observed him being as productive as Robinson?

Not even CLOSE
  9. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,710 Messages
    1,531 Likes Received

I think you're alone in that boat.

I think Robinson has streaked by Ogletree like he was streaking by the Detroit secondary.
  10. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Word is the #3 receiver spot was up for "grabs," but Ogletree waited for it fall in his hands instead of attacking it.
  11. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Robinson is the better WR, he should be on the field, point blank.
  12. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,710 Messages
    1,531 Likes Received
    And when it did, he dropped it!

:laugh2:
  13. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

5,010 Messages
    257 Likes Received
    So far I think Laurent Robinson has shown an ability and a willingness to run slants across the middle. He almost looks/moves like a skinny Miles Austin.

What I've been most impressed with though has been his YAC. He can get seperation quick...which looks like it comes from running solid routes.

I think seeing Robinson's ability to come in and quickly catch on has exposed Ogletree's lack of significant development. It kind of reminded me of what we saw from John Phillips vs Martellus Bennett a couple of years ago.

Laurent Robinson aside, I think there's no doubt that Ogletree is the best non-starting WR on the team. But again, seeing what Robinson has done in such a short time really puts things into perspective when it comes to Ogletree
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,119 Messages
    2,903 Likes Received
    Ogletree better put in some hard work if he expect to get it back but it was clear watching Robinson and Ogltree which player stood out.