1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Orie Lemon ready to play if Dan Connor can't

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 31, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,131 Messages
    6,913 Likes Received
    -- Charean Williams

Orie Lemon had not played much on defense before Sunday against the Giants. Two plays is all, in fact.

But the Cowboys didn't suffer when Lemon had to replace Dan Connor, who went out after 10 plays with a neck strain. Lemon played 23 plays and newly signed Ernie Sims 10.

"Orie did play some in the game," Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said. "Ernie Sims did play some in the game. I think those guys handled themselves well going into that situation."

Lemon, who spent all of last season and two games this season on the practice squad, was activated to the 53-player roster the day before the Cowboys' game against Tampa Bay.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...to-play-if-dan-connor-cant.html#storylink=cpy
  2. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,270 Messages
    1,218 Likes Received
    I'll give some props to the staff for bring Sims in, we would be in quite the bind right now if they hadn't.
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,858 Messages
    7,581 Likes Received
    I'm actually a big fan of Orie Lemon's. Wouldn't be surprised to see him turn out to be one of those 'multi-year starters you're always looking to replace but can't quite find a guy who can beat him out' types. Not in Dallas, but down the line.

We've got a good group of ILB right now.