1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Putting more pressure on Wilson would have made a difference, Bruce Carter says

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 18, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,138 Messages
    6,920 Likes Received
    -- Carlos Mendez

Linebacker Bruce Carter said putting more pressure on Seattle rookie quarterback Russell Wilson would have made a difference in Sunday’s game.

“I think so. Definitely,” he said. “With him being such a young quarterback, I think putting pressure on him will make things complicated for him with his passing reads and what not. Putting a little pressure on him would kind of change things for us.”

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said the danger was flushing the strong-running rookie out of the pocket.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...fference-bruce-carter-says.html#storylink=cpy
  2. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,815 Messages
    635 Likes Received
    I always wonder why it is so hard to modify your game plan during a game. Some coaches can do it and others just can not do it....its like an on/off switch.

Where was the run blitzes once they started pounding the rock? They let a rookie QB get a player of the week nomination against them...lol.

I think a flexible game day coach is gonna win a lot more than an inflexible one. Red is not flexible at all but I thought Ryan would be more of a try something untill it works guy...maybe Red overruled him?
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,771 Likes Received
    I somewhat disagree with Carter. Wilson only threw the ball 20 times. Seahawks did what they needed to do. Grab an early lead and pound the ball at the Cowboys using the pass sparingly and doing it off of play action.

Cowboys needed to put points on the board and get out front of the Seahawks to take them out of their comfort zone, we failed to do that.
  4. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,909 Messages
    4,472 Likes Received
    The defense didn't lose the game although I did expect them to play better. I'm wondering if the loss of Lissemore and ?Brent created problems in the run game.

I will say that big time defenses make stops and/or generate big plays when they need to more often than not.

I don't think we adjusted well enough on the offensive side of the ball to win.
  5. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,849 Messages
    2,330 Likes Received
    if russel wilson (a 5'10'' rookie 3rd rounder) is giving our DC this much trouble, just wait till we have to face cam newton and RGIII
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,771 Likes Received
    Wilson was not the problem, hell Lynch had more carries than Wilson had passes. Seattle was not going to put the game on Wilson shoulders that is not their game. Their game and everyone knew it coming into the game was Lynch. Seattle defense keep the score down and Seattle could afford to just pound the ball all day long and use the pass when they had to mostly out of play action.
  7. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,724 Messages
    902 Likes Received
    Carter should of held on the pass that hit him in the hands, it probably would have been a pick six, and the game would have turned out a whole lot different.
  8. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,537 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    Asinine question.
  9. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,139 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    I agree, you need to blitz rookie QB's...
  10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,612 Messages
    5,524 Likes Received
    Or a defending super bowl champion in his house.

Oh wait........
  11. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,537 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    Yeah, cause Eli's really fast.

Oh wait............
  12. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,849 Messages
    2,330 Likes Received
    yeah, because Eli is a scrambling QB

oh wait...:rolleyes:

reading is elementary
  13. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,889 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    you forgot vick with shady mccoy in the back field with desean jackson and mac man at wr, heck even celek at TE. We might be sending a 3 man rush all game and playing soft cover 4 hoping not to get beat.:bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

This is why our defense don't get many turnovers. Seems like everyone is playing not to get beat so they aren't really making plays on the ball. Heck we dropped 2 ints that could have been pick 6 in the last 2 games.

And the offense don't even get me started on how dumb and how they looked like a pee wee football team for 6-7 year olds. Guys dropping passes left and right. Running the wrong routes. Terrible blocking (doug freaking free). Our offense looked like a team that practiced for the first time vs the seahawks.
  14. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Rob is about to enter hot seat territory. He better stop the bs.