1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Rob Ryan said the infamous phone call was not about Nnamdi

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 30, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,137 Messages
    6,917 Likes Received
    Rob Ryan said the infamous phone call was not about Nnamdi Asomugha and he never expected to get him

Ryan said the much-tweeted about phone call during practice that resulted in a fist pump by owner Jerry Jones and his son Stephen was not about the cornerback at all.

"The chase wasn’t as real as apparently people made it out to be," Ryan said. "I'm not supposed to be reading the papers, but hell I read em' That wasn’t the deal. A lot of [those] calls were trying to get [Marcus] Spears and somebody else’s agent. Man, there were a lot of phone calls to Nnamdi, but nah, it wasn't really true."

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...-never-expected-to-get-him.html#ixzz1TcPzgBMQ
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ok... Riiiight.
  3. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Never planned on having him?

Hard to believe at this juncture.
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,808 Messages
    1,674 Likes Received
    smart to not make plans for a player that you are not exactly certain you are going to get. NA was a real gamble and obviously not what anyone from any team could have called a sure thing.
  5. Displaced Cowboy

Displaced Cowboy Active Member

1,233 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    ummmm, didn't jerry make a comment about how he wouldn't have pulled ryan away from practice to take the call if they weren't serious about trying to land nnamdi?
  6. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They were ordering his fat *** a pizza. The fist bump was because Dominoes agreed to put extra cheese on it.
  7. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    He did.....haha
  8. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,622 Messages
    989 Likes Received
    Ryans, keep it real...

Sorry, but i believe him
  9. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,564 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    No disrespect intended, but this ceased being funny yesterday when 5 different posters gave their version of "calling the restaurant. Just sayin. :)
  10. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The chase wasn't real? Then someone forget to tell Jerry, who said it was very real and was obviously blindsided by the Philly news.

[IMG]
  11. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,209 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Go to DCfanatics website. He has the radio interview. Jerry admits it in a round about way that it was in fact about Nnamdi.
  12. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,400 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    I guess I cant help but wonder if things have gotten so bad that they are actually bumping fists for signing average players like Spears?

I remember the days when Jerry was celebrating bringing in guys like Haley and Deion.
  13. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,660 Messages
    269 Likes Received
    I honestly believe Ryan too. It seems to me the ryans are pretty honest in news conferences. I think we were making a hard play for him but ryan definitely was preparing with out him. Hell half the people on this board didn't even care about nnamdi including me until Friday so we shouldn't waste more time thinking of this guy until we play them and DEz breaks his ankles
  14. HanD

HanD Member

862 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    No. he said if it wasnt serious. The media read that as na
  15. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,400 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    I am with you on that one but I am not really happy with the lack of Safety or offensive line additions. I know there is still time but I just wonder how much.
  16. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    My bad. I didn't see any of those posts. Darn it!!:banghead:
  17. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,906 Messages
    1,370 Likes Received
    Whats he really going to say at this point? His only other option would be to say yeah I was talking to him, thought he was coming here, then it got pulled away at the last second.

I'm not shocked he's saying that.
  18. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,598 Messages
    5,508 Likes Received
    :lmao:
  19. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,262 Messages
    889 Likes Received
    Cmon guys, what's Ryan supposed to say? "Yeah, I was on the phone with my favorite player ever, Nnamdi. I really wanted him here but my goofy owner and his son couldn't close the deal."
  20. LifetimeBoysFan

LifetimeBoysFan Member

148 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Holy Crap I literally LOL'd at that one! Family just gave me a total *** look for random laughter. :lmao: