1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Romo: Cowboys have a lot of players who like to talk football 'after football'

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 7, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,140 Messages
    6,923 Likes Received
    -- Carlos Mendez

Tony Romo said the Cowboys have a bunch of players who like football and like to talk about football.

“The crazy thing is those guys want to talk about football after football,” Romo said in a radio interview Friday on 1310-AM The Ticket. “You know, when we’re done, it’s a great thing. Me, Sean Lee, Dez, we’re after the game or the night before at dinner, wherever, you sit there just talking football.”

“You just get a bunch of guys who love football and love to compete,” he said. “That alone is going to give you a great shot to have a great locker room. Because people are going to want to – basically, you want to hang out with people who have similar interests.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...fter-football-247-wherever.html#storylink=cpy
  2. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

5,010 Messages
    375 Likes Received
    Gawd, I love that!!!!!
  3. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,404 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    The team didn't have that a few years ago. Nice!
  4. MoClaiborne24

MoClaiborne24 Member

456 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's awesome! We're on our way...

:starspin
  5. SC Cowboyfan

SC Cowboyfan Member

740 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes, but the question is do romo and dez text each other......:)
  6. gmb85

gmb85 Active Member

1,486 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I like this a lot. With the locker room chemistry improving plus the talent, hopefully this will be a special season.
  7. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Love hearing that.. :starspin
  8. PhillyCowboysFan

PhillyCowboysFan Member

838 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    The more you hear things like this, the less you hear about the over rated leadership B.S. I will tell you for a fact that a great locker room is better then having one good leader.

Watch out because DeMarco is looking to hit you!
  9. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,492 Messages
    1,132 Likes Received
    Why are the two - chemistry, leadership - mutually exclusive? A part of great leadership is getting people to work as a team and buy into a singular vision.
  10. PhillyCowboysFan

PhillyCowboysFan Member

838 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Because the media will make it exclusive of each other. You would think that with all the leadership questions, they would have included how this is a great sign of it in the article.