1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Scan on Tuesday will tell Witten, Cowboys if he can play against Giants

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 2, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,662 Messages
    6,399 Likes Received
    -- Carlos Mendez

Tight end Jason Witten will have a scan of his spleen on Tuesday before the Cowboys leave for New York to see if he has a chance of playing.

If the scan shows he can play, Witten said he will play – no ifs, ands or buts.

“If I get cleared, I’m playing,” he said Sunday at Valley Ranch. “It’s the only way, I believe, you can approach the game. I think people know that’s the only way I’m playing. This is what you play for. It’s an opportunity, especially where we’re at and how much work we’ve put into this situation.”

But Witten is sober about the chance of a good result. Asked if he is optimistic, he said, “I mean, I wouldn’t say optimistic, just because as of right now, it’s been a tough challenge to get to that point. So I wouldn’t say I was optimistic. Optimistic would be if it was in my hands and my control. So no, from that standpoint.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...s-but-he-is-not-optimistic.html#storylink=cpy
  2. bigtach87

bigtach87 New Member

12 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    For what it's worth, the ticker on ESPN just said Ed Werder reports Witten likely out against the Giants.