1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Sean Lee puts it on himself to learn the 4-3 'inside and out' and be succesful

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 10, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,319 Messages
    3,185 Likes Received
    -- Carlos Mendez

Sean Lee said he still has to learn the details of playing the 4-3 defense, now that the Cowboys are set to go with that attack under new defensive coordinator in Monte Kiffin.

“Mastering it inside and out is my goal,” the fourth-year Cowboys linebacker said last week at the end of OTAs.

So he, and the rest of the defense, has to forget a lot of the 3-4 defense (and its variations) they played for two years under Rob Ryan.“I see it as a positive,” he said. “I’ve been with three defensive coordinators in Coach Phillips, Rob Ryan and Coach Kiffin. I see it as an opportunity to learn more defense. You take the great things you learn from every coordinator with you, and then you try to continue to learn. I’m going to try to continue to learn with Coach Kiffin. I don’t see it as an issue at all. I think Coach Kiffin, it’s been very easy to learn. He coaches with passion. He has an unbelievable knowledge. So for me, it’s just another opportunity to work with a great coach.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...4-3-inside-and-out-and-be-succesful-in-i.html
  2. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,942 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    I personally think this 4-3 defense will help Lee out, it should keep him clean and allow him to make even more plays.
  3. VirusX

VirusX Active Member

1,391 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    The more I hear about Lee the more I like him... If only we had more players like him on both sides of the ball...
  4. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,645 Messages
    1,112 Likes Received
    Same could be said for Carter. Those two might really wreak havoc this season.
  5. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

10,967 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    Rkg..........