1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

News: FWST: Sensabaugh says MNF play almost turned him off to football, like Pacquiao fight

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 26, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Everything is everything... Staff Member

69,229 Messages
    9,779 Likes Received
    -- Carlos Mendez

Cowboys safety Gerald Sensabaugh almost couldn’t put the words together as he thought about the officiating in the Green Bay-Seattle game on Monday night.

He said it has almost turned him off to the very sport he plays, just like he soured on boxing after the controversial decision in Pacquiao vs. Bradley.

“This is my profession, I play it, I play this game,” he said Wednesday at Valley Ranch, as a conversation with reporters turned to the end of the Monday Night Football game. “But it kind of gives you that sense of feeling like, ‘Man, I don’t even want to.’ I don’t know. It’s just like the Bradley fight. That was crazy. I don’t even want to order another boxing match. I probably will, because I like the camaraderie and having people come over, but that fight just killed boxing for me. I don’t even want to watch it. And I don’t want our game to get to that. I hope it doesn’t. But that play the other night was crazy.”

Sensabaugh said he sympathizes with the replacement officials and the job that they’re trying to do. But he said it’s clear that they are underqualified.

2. UDcowboysfan

UDcowboysfan Member

654 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Makes Sense to me, I agree with the analogy.
  3. erod

erod Well-Known Member

6,737 Messages
    4,104 Likes Received
    Uh...Sensy, if you haven't figured out that boxing is heavily fixed, then I'm just not sure what to tell you.
  4. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,159 Messages
    758 Likes Received
    but the question is....is the NFL as well?

I don't think the NFL is fixed. But as I have aged...it has saddened me to realize this is TRULY about money. Fans get mad when they THINK players only care about money. But let me have your attention....Owners DEFINIELY think about the money first. There should be NO question about that. So if players think this way...they have had good teachers.

But we are all to sucked in to do anything about it. We have heard Jerry say over and over...ask for the MONEY first. He has ZERO incentive to do right by the fans when it comes to removing himself as GM of the team. Why? The Cowboys are the most valuable franchise in sports. The most talked about. The most televised. All this without having to bust a grape in almost 20 years!
  5. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

4,322 Messages
    849 Likes Received
    Why would anybody pay to watch boxing!!!??? Talk about a lame sport even since tyson left!!!
  6. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,159 Messages
    758 Likes Received
    like he said...to get family and friends together!
  7. erod

erod Well-Known Member

6,737 Messages
    4,104 Likes Received
    No, because the game makes billions on its own. It isn't necessary, or worth it, to risk the cash cow over a relatively small-time cash grab.

Now the NBA.....yep, I've been convinced for a long time that the fix is in there. Basketball doesn't draw anywhere near the interest of football. The NBA Finals ratings are pathetic.
  8. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Um, Sensy, didn't Coach Garrett tell you players not to speak out negatively about the replacement refs? ;)
  9. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,868 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Sensabaugh didn't get the memo from Jerry to not speak poorly of the officiating.
  10. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,919 Messages
    730 Likes Received
    I dunno. I think the Steelers one SB was pretty fixed.