1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Spears' performance against Patriots shows 'what he's capable of,' Garrett says

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 20, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,368 Messages
    2,207 Likes Received
    -- Carlos Mendez

Defensive end Marcus Spears is coming off one of his best games, coach Jason Garrett said.

“I think he played really well in this last game. Maybe his best game of the year, best game in a little while,” Garrett said. “Thought he was very active in the game. He showed up in quarterback pressures, showed up in the run game. He defeated blocks well. Made some plays. That’s what he’s capable of doing.”

“He had an injury at the end of last year. He’s working his way back from that,” Garrett said. “But it looks like he’s playing well, both as a run defender and a pass rusher.”

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...es-capable-of-garrett-says.html#ixzz1bO0Df6wL
  2. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,624 Messages
    120 Likes Received
    Spears is a consistent baller, he's very steady...
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,514 Messages
    551 Likes Received
    Dunno if i'd go that far, but he has been pretty steady, if he can take his game up a level, that's a huge boon for us. Hatcher was playing pretty darn well himself before his injury, I wonder if anything changes rotation wise.
  4. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Seldom Seen

2,147 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Spears is a good player. He has the right attitude and I for one am glad to see have some success. Its often overlooked, but he was a good pass rusher at LSU.