1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

News: FWST: Spencer takes hands-on approach with Wilber in spring

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 20, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl U.N.I.T.Y Staff Member

72,201 Messages
    15,327 Likes Received
    -- Carlos Mendez

Anthony Spencer watched Kyle Wilber fill in for him at defensive end in the OTAs and mini-camp, and he said Wilber showed instinct for the position.

“He’s quick off the ball,” Spencer said of the second-year player, drafted in 2012 as an outside linebacker but moved to defensive end in the switch to the 4-3. “He’s just got to trust in himself to get off the ball and doing that every play. Just his get-off alone makes up for a lot of his type of size, playing in the trenches. That’s what he’s definitely working on right now.”
    Spencer, speaking at the mini-camp last week at Valley Ranch, said Wilber held his own against tackles Tyron Smith and Doug Free in the practices. It reminded Spencer of his days as a young edge rusher going against former Cowboys tackle Flozell Adams.

“I got my butt whipped by Flo a lot when I was a rookie and my second year,” Spencer said. “It definitely helped me develop and get to where I am right now. I tell him all the time, it happens to everybody. So it’s good for you. It’s humbling, and it gets you on the right track, definitely.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...012-pick-showed-instinct-for-defensive-e.html

2. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,080 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Some good guys on this team, in more ways than one.

:)

3. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

4,995 Messages
    2,238 Likes Received
    you hear a lot of mentoring going on which is terrific...the vets could be doing that every year, but it seems to be more public now....I like that both from a player perspective and from a PR mindset perspective...

...whomever is pushing the PR agenda is doing their job well (I assume a lot of that is Garrett)