1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Status of Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray remains up in the air (Notes)

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 23, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,475 Messages
    3,313 Likes Received
    Posted Monday, Oct. 22, 2012
    By Carlos Mendez
    cmendez@star-telegram.com

IRVING -- For the second time in his career, DeMarco Murray might have to miss a chance to play against the New York Giants.

Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett couldn't say whether Murray would practice this week, even in a limited basis, as he enters his second week sidelined with a sprained foot.

Murray has played only one full game against the Giants, but he has rushed 25 times for 156 yards against them. He had 131 yards in the Cowboys' season-opening win in New York in September. He suffered a broken ankle in a December home game last year against the Giants and had to miss the season finale in New York for the NFC East championship.

"We're certainly optimistic," Garrett said. "He's proven to be someone who heals quickly."

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/10/22/4355137/status-of-cowboys-running-back.html#storylink=cpy
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,938 Messages
    3,877 Likes Received
    Sure would be nice to be in good health for this tough section of the schedule. Having Sean Lee in the lineup and Costa (I know, cut him) and Murray back for the running game would probably make a difference these next three weeks. Here's hoping we get at least two of those three guys back by game time.
  3. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,944 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    I sure hope he can get back on the field this week!
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,978 Messages
    1,555 Likes Received
    I agree. Clearly not going to be 100% but few players are 100% during the season. If they can go and I'm sure these guys will do that they can to try and make that happen.
  5. kiheikiwi

kiheikiwi Maui No Ka Oi

686 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    Think all three will be out for a few more weeks. If Lee has a turf toe injury, he will miss a couple of weeks at least. Murry would be our best bet to return, but who knows how bad his ankle is, and Costa will be out for quite a while I think. :(