1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Suddenly, Cowboys learning to play second fiddle

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 8, 2010.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,087 Messages
    5,638 Likes Received
    By Randy Galloway
    rgalloway@ star-telegram.com
    [IMG]
    Here's a new one. Like brand new around here. Like never before uttered, particularly in October, but in any spring, summer or fall month:

We interrupt the baseball season to report that the Dallas Cowboys do still exist and will resume game-day activity on Sunday.

Then cows jumped over the moon when the Cowboys had a bye-week and the Texas Rangers were making a rare trip into the postseason, causing a collision of planets, resulting in the Cowboys having been blown off the local sports pages and airways.

Actually, Jerry Jones couldn't be happier, and for all the right reasons. He was offering butt pats to Chuck Greenberg, Nolan Ryan and Jon Daniels on Thursday, saying "there is nothing better than playing with confidence and being part of the playoffs. [The Rangers] have got it going and we're all pulling for them."

2. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,558 Messages
    3,843 Likes Received
    That was actually a little witty.
  3. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,850 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    Galloway has always been a baseball first guy. Not knocking his column, but his clouded judgment...

I love the Rangers and want them to win, but the Cowboys never have, nor will they ever, play second fiddle to the Rangers...
  4. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,727 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    The NFL altogether will never play second fiddle to MLB.

You don't see NFL playoff games scheduled for 1:30 in the afternoon, on a week day, broadcast by an obscure cable network.
  5. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,290 Messages
    905 Likes Received

They actually have this week. I've never seen a local sportscast start off with anything else then the Cowboys during the season until this week. The bye has a lot to do with though. We lose on Sunday, and the Rangers sweep, we will be right back there in the limelight in this town...that's for sure!
  6. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,649 Messages
    1,104 Likes Received
    That was unreadable. I didn't even know that mlb playoffs had started until I read the other day about Halliday pitching a shut out and that the rangers actually won game 1 of their matchup.
  7. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So the Rangers FINALLY do something important and all of a sudden THE COWBOYS are second fiddle? Come on Galloways, nonsense! The Cowboys will always number one.