1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Tony Romo: I feel as though I let our team down

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 3, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,658 Messages
    6,396 Likes Received
    -- Charean Williams

Tony Romo’s critics will be heard loudly this week as the Cowboys quarterback is now 1-for-6 in win-or-go-home games.

The Cowboys have not won the NFC East since 2009, and for the second season in a row, the Cowboys had a chance to win the division in the NFL’s final game of the regular season.

In the four games in December before Sunday’s, Romo had 10 touchdowns and one interception. But when his team needed him most, he wasn’t at his best.​

"It definitely stings when you lose a game like this," Romo said. "We had to fight like heck to get in this position. All you can think about is what you didn’t accomplish right now. That is all that is going through my brain. I know at some point we’ll look back and say this team fought hard and didn’t give in in a lot of difficult, difficult situations. I know we were behind in probably every ball game we played, and we had to overcome a lot to put ourselves in this position when other teams couldn’t, so I’m proud of the guys for that. Saying that, obviously it doesn’t feel like that right now. It feels like you didn’t accomplish what you set out to do, and that’s all you think about and feel right now. It just does not feel good, and I feel as though I let our team down. We’ve done such a good job in those last five or 10 minutes to win a lot of games and come back and do that. We were in that position again, and that’s on me and that is a very frustrating and a hard thing to think about just because you want to be in that position, and we have been so much and been successful. It’s just very hard to think about."

2. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I still believe.

I would have loved to see him get one more chance down six. But then, that's football...
  3. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,751 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    ...a Garrett and Romo supporter, but I am a big believer in not squandering chances.

Too many times they had opportunities to put points on the board and Tony was not careful.

In big games one of the cornerstone concepts should be intelligent football.

That game should have featured us only down by three IMO.
  4. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    More often he got us the lead and the D lost it.
  5. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,751 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    ...the Skins game I was expecting our D to have some trouble, but Griffin to be ineffective passing and running.

I feel Tony didn't have a good first qtr when we had a chance for either two or three score lead.
  6. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    tony had a bad game all around. people remember the last thing they see.

unfortunately this was it.

they forget we were only "in it" cause he carried this team.

the running game for the skins shredded us. not tony.
  7. cowboys#1

cowboys#1 Finish!

2,409 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    i asked tony romo to be one of my pallbearers at my funeral so he can let me down one last time
  8. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,751 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    ...he would have had his Saints 4th qtr in the Skins 1st qtr.

Haslett and Shanahan would have never recovered.

Griffin wasn't there physically to put the ball up 30times to chase Tony.

This team has to find a way to get early leads.
  9. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    and you steal bad jokes.
  10. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    i don't discount playing better to start. i discount people who dis romo for a bad game while conveniently forgetting his out of mind 5-6 game stretch got us there.
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,122 Messages
    6,929 Likes Received
    He did let them down last week.
  12. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    and he gave us hope 5 weeks before that. if you wanna bag on one, realize the other.
  13. Skinsradiosucks

Skinsradiosucks Member

219 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Amen my brother!
  14. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    ..which directly followed the 5-6 game stretch where he helped put us in the hole to begin with.
  15. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    i'm sure this made sense when you thought about it.

it just got lost somewhere.
  16. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,122 Messages
    6,929 Likes Received
    They weren't asking about other games. But I'm well aware that he's the reason we won more than a few of them.
  17. iceberg

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    i don't care about cherry picking.

i care about the entire picture. that gets lost on the IGS. sorry.

i'll let them have at it and go away again.
  18. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    It won't be fast enough.. you talk about the big picture, yet you only care to remember the games he played well in.

Not suprising..
  19. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    It makes sense to anyone with a brain. Romo's poor play at the beginning of the season helped put us in the hole to begin with, which is why those 5 or 6 games you speak of where he played very well were even necessary in the first place to get us to that final game with a chance to get in the postseason.
  20. randy932

randy932 Member

529 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    This
    :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: