1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Tony Romo: I feel as though I let our team down

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,655 Messages
    3,578 Likes Received
    seems like a lot of people are conveniently forgetting this.
  2. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I hate to say it, but you are right Roy. Romo's string of bad games put his team in this position.
  3. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,160 Messages
    1,339 Likes Received
    Can't win with him and can't win without him.
  4. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,690 Messages
    1,136 Likes Received
    Every Tony thread should end with that
  5. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,926 Messages
    1,668 Likes Received
    Way, WAY more often.

And the rest of the time, we were losing and he led us to the comeback win.
    8-8 is not great, but given the adversity it could have been way worse.

Romo is feeling just as I thought he would....sick.

The best thing about this team this year was that they really showed no quit.
  6. DFWJC

21,926 Messages
    1,668 Likes Received
    Yeah those 2 bad games early (paired with greatness ina win vs the Giants) really dug a big hole...so much that late in the the season those 4-5 great ones just could not overcome.:rolleyes:

3-13 without Tony
    4-12 at best
  7. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,494 Messages
    260 Likes Received
    So you're saying you're fine with a QB that plays well enough to let you sniff the playoffs every year but always blows it in the end? I will no longer excuse Romo's choke jobs by bringing up the games he played well in. We all know he has talent and can be a great QB on occasion. That is not in dispute by anyone. The problem is that he always blows it in the end and that means the team will never get anywhere. At some point, enough is enough. At least stop handing him the job with no real competition. How many times does a QB have to throw an ill-advised pass that ends the team's season before he has used up all his chances?
  8. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Romo was playing poorly the first half of the season. Remember 3-5. I have always said Romo offers the Cowboys the best chance of winning. There are no other options at this point. That doesn't mean he didn't help with that 3-5 record in the first half of the season. The second half of the season, he helped the team go on a winning streak with good play. His play hurt the Cowboys in the Redskins game. There is no need to defend Romo when he is playing bad. It happens to all players. He is not the only QB that could win games in Dallas, but he is the only one on the roster. When a guy turns the ball over three or four times in a game, it is hard to not place blame on him and he deserves it in those situations.
  9. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    You mean those games where he was scrambling around for his life? Do you realize what happens to a QB who has to constantly scramble around and try and make plays? More often than not they get picks, sacks and bad things happen (ask Rivers in SD).

You people make me sick w/ all your so called answers and not wanting to see the big picture.

You just stick to your spin on that one Romo thing you think you can hang your hat on. The rest of the adults seeing clearly and understanding the shortcomings of this team across the board will be here next year.

Yeah I am serious. Some of you should retire from CBZ.

Get to steppn
  10. DFWJC

21,926 Messages
    1,668 Likes Received
    I agree.
    Now it does depand on what else he did in those games. I mean, if you have 5 TDs and 3 picks, you obviously did way better 0 TDs and 3 picks. Some forget that. By I digress.

He did that (many turnvovers) twice early in the season. That's why I said two games., even if > half of those early turnovers were more "team" turnovers than those Redskins picks. He played well in two of those loses--at Baltimore and at Atlanta. And we did win one that nobody had us winning at NYG.
    The Seattle loss was an all-around team disaster. But he certainly dug a hole for us vs Chicago and the Giants (2nd game). Those are the two I could lay on him....if I ever laid games on single players, those are prime candidates.
    I'd call the Giants games a wash with the split.

So I'd say if someone wants to pin 2-3 games (out of 16) on Tony, go for it.
  11. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Its not like he was the only one who helped put us in that hole either, but all his turnovers certainly did not help. I just see both sides of his play. He's certainly a very good QB capable of doing alot of things for us, but he also makes mind numbing mistakes at times. Luckily for him, they usually get blamed on someone else.

Seriously though, i like Tony.. i think he's a good QB, and i think he certainly was one of the guys who lead us through that string of games that we kept winning this year, but if someone better comes along in FA or we have the oppertunity to draft the QB of the future, i wouldn't hesitate to do so.
  12. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    Its easy to sit back in your beanbag chair and predict silly things like this, but do you really think anyone who's being rational really belives this?

4 wins with a different QB? Doesn't matter who that QB is? Please.. some of you get ridiculous with your Romo love. I like the guy, i think he's a good QB, but he's certainly not a Peyton Manning or a Tom Brady, etc..

Im a Dallas Cowboy fan.. not a Tony Romo fan. Im not sure some of you think the same way.
  13. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,062 Messages
    1,615 Likes Received
    I agree there is no way to play the hypothetical game of would another QB have fared as well or done better or worse? That is purely a guess. I do think this team is not going to advance far if they do not take care of other areas outside of the QB spot no matter what QB you put behind center.

Cowboys have work to do both side of the ball and changing QB right now would not be high on my list.
  14. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

8,655 Messages
    3,578 Likes Received
    you're living in a very delusional place. i understand romo is your savior so you're going to spin everything in his favor but people with two eyes and a brain will know all of those interceptions in the first half of the season were not all the fault of others. blame dez, his mom, the popcorn guy, the announcers, everyone you'd like...it only makes you look more stupid (not sure if that's possible considering you're a sooner).
  15. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
    Really? Personal attacks? I have won already. :lmao:

I am also by no means a Romo happy fan like you want to spin. I am however a clear minded sports fan who sees the big picture.

Stupid!! What is Zordon anyways? Are you a Mork from Ork cast-off? Stuck in the 80's?

BTW: Boomer, Mork ;)
  16. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,010 Messages
    1,031 Likes Received
    as per usual, the haters make crap up about what is really being said.

we need a better team. not a better qb.
  17. Skinsradiosucks

Skinsradiosucks Member

219 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree with the last two posts by "DALLAS". The big picture is what causes the majority of the turnovers? Does Romo stand in the pocket and deliver bad throws? No. Does his receivers not recognize hot route situations? Yes. Does his oline give him time to survey the field from the pocket? No. Does he constantly have to make plays on the run? Yes.
    These are facts. These are QB killers. Romo is playing the best a human being can play in a very fast, highly competitive TEAM sport with the lack of support he currently endures.
  18. Cowboys22

3,494 Messages
    260 Likes Received
    Maybe a better QB would make the team better by not choking away all the do or die games he plays in. Those, like you, who continue to excuse Romo's inexcusable mistakes when the season is on the line, are in essence saying it's okay because at least he got us there. Sorry, that's not good enough anymore for me. I've given him enough second chances and the results are always the same. I want a QB that not only gets us there but actually wins the damn game and gets to play the next week. If Romo somehow becomes that, he'll win me back. Until then, I have no faith he will ever get it done so I want change or at the very least an open competition for the starting QB job.
  19. Cowboys22

3,494 Messages
    260 Likes Received
    Really? So every single QB on the face of the Earth throws that pass? The best anyone could do with that same exact team was throw 3 ints and lose. Sorry, I don't buy it. Everyone knows the team has problems but facts are facts. If Romo would have played well and the team still lost, it would fall on Garrett, the defense, and the injuries but inspite of everything, there the team was with a chance to win the game and Romo once again threw a stupid pass that ended up in the arms of the opposing team and ended the Cowboys season.
  20. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,010 Messages
    1,031 Likes Received
    excuse me? where in the holy hell did i excuse romo? this is what makes talking to "realists" so tough. if i disagree, i'm suddenly the opposite of you and take stands you make up to fight against.

i don't give a rats hairy hiney what's good enough for you.

talking to "realists" is such a ***** cause they make up my side of the discussion as if i said things i didn't so they can continue their rant.

so since you don't need me for you to be so...whatever you are, bye.