1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Watch this ... as the Cowboys go through training camp

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 25, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,117 Messages
    6,898 Likes Received
    The Cowboys have a lot of things to juggle just to prepare for training camp. But once the routine settles in, here are five things to keep an eye on:

1. Tony Romo’s leadership. It drew rave reviews in the summer. Will it continue throughout the two weeks of training camp? And will it be visible and vocal?

2. Dez Bryant’s maturity. The Cowboys think he’s on his way to maturing. Bryant promises that he is. But will he show it in being on time, practicing well and earning the trust of veterans?

Read more: http://startelegramsports.typepad.com/cowboys/#ixzz1TAUFrs6g
  2. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,402 Messages
    640 Likes Received
    Romo has been highly commended for his leadership in the players' voluntary workouts during the lockout. I don't really expect him to become the fiery leader that Aikman or even Kitna was but it's surely time for him to at least become more vocal and assertive. From the looks of things, I do believe his intention is to do just that. We'll see how it works out.

Whether Dez demonstrates the added maturity the staff would like to credit him with also remains to be seen. It would definitely be frosting on the cake if it proves to be factual. How diligently he buckles down, learns his routes and behaves himself should prove interesting. One thing's for sure; it won't go unnoticed, one way or the other.
  3. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,728 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    You got that right. In fact I bet the media picks up on even the most insignificant things to try to make a story out of.