1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FWST: Worth the fine: The defense got enough of the playbook to learn and teach

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, May 9, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,233 Messages
    7,063 Likes Received
    Worth the fine: Apparently, the defense got enough of the playbook to learn and teach system during player run workouts

The Cowboys were reportedly one of several teams fined by the league for having illegal contact with the players during the dead period before the lockout.

It may be money well spent for owner Jerry Jones, considering that the defensive players apparently got enough info from new coordinator Rob Ryan to teach the new system during the player run workouts.

Clarence Hill

Read more: http://startelegramsports.typepad.com/cowboys/#ixzz1LtMiLtFD
  2. Ashwynn

Ashwynn Well-Known Member

3,376 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    Good news and possibly the best spent money on fines in the history of sports.
  3. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,141 Messages
    4,601 Likes Received
    This is great news. Not sure how much they can really pick up but hopefully a good deal.
  4. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,736 Messages
    1,814 Likes Received
    Well, it's baby steps first. You got to learn to walk before you run.

But, it sounds like there was some good thought put in to these workouts.
    ;)
  5. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just another reason I want this garbage over with and free-agency to pick up. ARRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

This is great news, though!
  6. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I love this quote from Romo...

"The reality is we're learning a system. We're running, and we're competing, but we don't need that from outside influences right now. It just needs to be about us and improvement. I think sometimes when you bring media or people in to talk about it, now all of a sudden, guys are doing things they don't need to be doing."