1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

FWSTCowboysCorner:Jerrod Johnson might have to go undrafted free agent route

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 10, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Aggies quarterback Jerrod Johnson holds several team records, but it might not be enough to get him drafted. Johnson lost his starting job at mid-season. He has struggled with his accuracy and his arm strength since off-season shoulder surgery a year ago.

Johnson said Wednesday at A&M's Pro Day that his right (throwing) shoulder is about 95 percent healed. He did look more comfortable Wednesday than he did at the NFL Scouting Combine 10 days ago despite having to throw to Prairie View A&M receivers instead of his own. (Rules prohibit underclassmen returning to school from working out, so none of A&M's receivers were available.)

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...undrafted-free-agent-route.html#ixzz1GD1W4gJg
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,443 Messages
    1,905 Likes Received
    He seems like a quality kid and may be picked up as an UDFA but I don't see much of a future for him in the NFL.
  3. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,092 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    i am thinking put him at TE, let him learn, and if need be in a pinch, could play qb in some situations, pass and run
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,443 Messages
    1,905 Likes Received
    Chances are that would be his best chance but I think even at that he is a longshot to have much of a career.
  5. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,068 Messages
    1,059 Likes Received
    No harm bringing him in as FA.