1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: FYI: Playbook covering boys on NFL Network tonight

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Aug 23, 2005.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,516 Messages
    3,340 Likes Received
    Should be coming up after this commercial. We'll see if they say anything informative.

Edit: Less than 5 mins of coverage

Talked Ware up
    Talked Henry up
    Talked Canty up, but said he got took to school yesterday, but he's a prototypical 3-4 end and should only get better.

Bottom line Def has to be a heck of alot better than it was last year.
  2. Chief

Chief "Friggin Joke Monkey"

8,541 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jimmy Johnson once said that when Butch Davis evaluated a player, he had to keep in mind the fact that Butch loved every player and thought every player was going to turn out great.

As a TV analyst, it's the same thing. Butch raves about every player (especially Henry, whom he coached).

I like Butch a lot, but he's so optimistic about every player.
  3. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,148 Messages
    616 Likes Received
    They each had to pick a team that didn't make the playoffs in '04 that they thought had the best chance to be Super Bowl contendors.

Butch Davis picked Dallas, but had a few notable mistakes when talking about why. He referred to Marco Rivera as an "offensive center" and when listing off our offensive playmakers (Keyshawn, Witten, etc) he said "Joey Galloway". Either a random brain fart or he REALLY hasn't been paying attention.
  4. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,516 Messages
    3,340 Likes Received
    I missed that part, but I guess that's why Butch Davis is no longer coaching... :D