1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

G.O.A.T or Scapegoat

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bleu Star, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia!

19,887 Messages
    1,127 Likes Received
    Jerry,

I love you. (nohomo)

Everything that many of us hoped for is happening. Thank goodness he didn't rest on his laurels. This team does not need to rebuild. It needs to reload. Crafty moves to insert key replacements at various positions without upsetting the apple core.. Love it! Slide Bill Callahan in there to run the same offense even better than a thinly stretched Garrett.. Love it! Draft needs instead of BPA.. I see it happening based upon Jerry's actions in recent years and I absolutely love it. You cannot discount his love for winning. Although net income remains at the core of Jerry's every action, he absolutely wants to win and the proof is in his action.

Kiffin is going to lose his mind when he sees the level of talent he has at the MLB position. Lee and Carter are going to blossom in the 4-3. I don't believe I can remember an offseason in recent history where I have been this excited over personnel decision.

Lastly, but most importantly, JG now has one year to propel himself onto a track that can potentially equate to a long tenure as a traditional walk around HC or descend into a depth that will equate to him ultimately being remembered as yet another scapegoat for ongoing issues within the organization. The choice is all his. Sink or swim time baby. I love it!
  2. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,736 Messages
    1,814 Likes Received
  3. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia!

19,887 Messages
    1,127 Likes Received
    I've got that loving feeling. It returned.
  4. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus Zone Supporter

4,446 Messages
    276 Likes Received
    Keep that positive energy going Bleu! It's refreshing around here. A good draft and a couple of smart FA moves will make me more optimistic, but I feel pretty good anout the coaching changes thus far. We've just gotta get stronger in the trenches. Two OL and two DL that give us upgrades will really help this team. The Brent and Rat sutuations have made us more desperate than we were on the DL but the holes can be filled with good drafting and solid FA moves as well as the development of some young players like Crawford. You're my boy Bleu!
  5. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

6,963 Messages
    637 Likes Received
  6. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia!

19,887 Messages
    1,127 Likes Received
    Why so?
  7. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Well-Known Member

721 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    Because we do not need to "reload" our O-line we need to rebuild it. You don't "reload" 4 O-line positions. Same can be said for our D line (although to a lesser degree) and our safeties.
  8. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia!

19,887 Messages
    1,127 Likes Received
    Oh you know I will. ;)
  9. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia!

19,887 Messages
    1,127 Likes Received
    A crafty mix of draft picks and FA work can easily improve both sides of the trenches. If there was any doubt before, you have to have some faith in the process now. Every single move that has been made this offseason has been on point. That doesn't just happen by chance. I look forward to hearing you and others around here rant about how well we have retooled the trenches. Oh, and by the way, I just don't care for the word rebuild.. Reload, retool.. Both sound much better to me.
  10. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received

Agreed on Brent and Rat. Terrible to lose both of them at the same time. But I am looking forward to getting a new DT. It may be a blessing in disguise. We seem to find diamonds in the rough with these guys.
  11. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Well-Known Member

721 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    You sound like Jerry talking about our Oline. We can't just sign place holders and expect that to be good enough. We need 4 at least serviceable O linemen and that's borderline impossible to do in one off season. Can we improve it in one off season? Sure. But improving from utter garbage isn't hard. To truly be any good we need several drafts for improve our O and D lines
  12. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia!

19,887 Messages
    1,127 Likes Received
    I bet we get serviceable in one offseason. Very confident based upon the moves made to this point. Serviceable wins games.
  13. Fritsch_the_cat

Fritsch_the_cat Well-Known Member

971 Messages
    561 Likes Received

Especially since he has none to rest on.
  14. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

5,088 Messages
    431 Likes Received
    :puke:
  15. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    I think JG spent too much time developing his (own) brand of offense. Now he'll be a HC, hopefully a good motivator, and should do well.
  16. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

10,009 Messages
    1,148 Likes Received
    Feel the same way Bleu!
  17. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    I agree.

I think the way we've gone about it (keeping the head man in place while revamping his entire staff) is pretty stupid but I like every change we've made so far, we'll see if the way we've done it works or not.
  18. Angus12

Angus12 Active Member

146 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    I agree with the post for the most part. The only think that makes me take pause is the part where it says we should draft for need. I think that can be a recipe for trouble.
  19. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,736 Messages
    1,814 Likes Received
    I totally agree with this. Drafting for need does not always work out. IMO, you should always draft the best player on the board. At least that way you have a better chance of getting a good player, not one that you HOPE will fill a need, then if the players does not fill the need, you just lost a draft pick.
  20. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia!

19,887 Messages
    1,127 Likes Received
    BPA works well when you have holes to fill at numerous positions. We need to load up on both sides of the line. Period. Things like a backup RB, Safety, etc can be had in the middle to later rounds. There will be plenty of OL and DL available early that will also satisfy the BPA fans. Let's go get them!