1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Galloway: Just said another coach got canned but blew up

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Aven8, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,226 Messages
    616 Likes Received
    This is exactly what I was thinking.
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Possibly Horton or Lovie Smith. They threw the name Crennell out there as well.
  3. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,588 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    Ray Horton would be a great move even though I liked Ryan.

These moves are making Jerry and Jason look really bad and desperate IMO.
  4. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,190 Messages
    525 Likes Received

yes he did i was happy with both Callahan and Rob, both didnt have much to work with and did well with what they had to work with. and before i read the Rob Ryan thread, i would add Rob would be drooling to get Carter and Lee back. And if Callahan was giving more reign he would do good things as well.
  5. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon

Rob Ryan confirms he's fired. "I'll be out of work for like 5 minutes," he said.
  6. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not sitting well....

Bruce Carter ‏@BruceCarter54

***!
  7. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,360 Messages
    1,585 Likes Received
    Okay. Thanks man.
  8. The Fonz

The Fonz Correctamundo

1,376 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    It could be everyone will be fired including JG
    Jerry wants to do it his way (the uncomfortable way) to show his anger by firing them one by one
  9. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,380 Messages
    2,106 Likes Received
    I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Only guy I would favor is Lovie. His defenses take the ball away.

Over the last 9 years, his defenses lead the league in takeaways and have almost 70 more than the league average which gives the Bears almost 90 more takeaways than Dallas over the past 9 years.

But, why would Lovie come here? Why take a DC spot? Like he can't get another HC job? He just had one of the rare 10 win seasons that didn't get a playoff spot. His image shouldn't be tarnished at all.
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,496 Messages
    5,234 Likes Received
    See you, crazy pirate-looking spawn of Buddy.

There's lots of room to improve at the DC position. Other than his fat little troll-dad, I didn't have a problem with Rob, himself. There are better coordinators out there, though.

If we were to get Smith, I'd be *thrilled*. Mostly because he's the best coaching option available for fixing our takeaway problem.
  11. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,217 Messages
    839 Likes Received
    I said earlier in my own thread it might be Rob because he has the right to blow up! This team and this process sucks!
  12. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,783 Messages
    7,146 Likes Received
    Then why hasn't he been a hot candidate on the rumor mill for all these head coach openings?

He could very well have to settle for a DC job next year.
  13. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,496 Messages
    5,234 Likes Received
    He'd be in a good position with the Cowboys if Jason doesn't fix things next year?

At this point, has Lovie been associated as a front-runner on any open jobs? I don't think I've heard that he is. Of the DC spots 'available,' Dallas is a really good one: plenty of room for improvement, players coming back off if IR, good ILBs like he had in Dallas. Good press corners. Built-in pass rush. Plenty of room to improve in terms of points given up/game.
  14. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,039 Messages
    600 Likes Received
    Lovie? I can't see us moving to a Cover 2. You need great safety play and great defensive ends. We have neither.
  15. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,189 Messages
    50 Likes Received
    yes Wade Wilson please be gone, I believe he is part of Romo's dysfunction at times, Wilson was one of the most hot and cold QBs in the league when he played.
  16. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    Callahan is the first one that I wanted fired.
  17. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Can t really blame Ryan for being upset given the injuries and playing with guys off the street, but at the end of they say JJ invested heavily in the defense last several drafts and the D is still not where it needs to be

All that being said, if I was the OC I'd be worried cause the offense didn't really get it done either
  18. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,332 Messages
    385 Likes Received
    thats what I am hoping. I think give it a week or two and Ryan will tell us all why Dallas is so screwed up.
  19. Fritsch_the_cat

Fritsch_the_cat Well-Known Member

727 Messages
    343 Likes Received
    Well played.
  20. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

774 Messages
    403 Likes Received
    So they are firing everyone but Jason Garrett... and have even gone as far as hire a consultant for Garrett? Are you joking? Are we going to hire a coaching coach for Jason Garrett? The Garrett family must have some kind of dirt on Jones in order for Jones to keep this guy in power.