1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Galloway: Just said another coach got canned but blew up

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Aven8, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Flinger

Flinger Active Member

775 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    Philly area is reporting Lovie is a candidate for Eagles HC...
  2. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,688 Messages
    498 Likes Received
    Dave Campo v3.0
  3. MarkP88

MarkP88 Active Member

104 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    This whole scenario is crazy. If you're Garrett, how can you voluntarily stay? How can you ever expect to have the loyalty of your coaches and players if you stay while guys are getting sniped all around you, and you're being protected? If Norv - a guy who coached Jason as a player - comes in as his subordinate, this goes from sad to surreal. And it's not that I dislike Norv, it's just...what kind of organizational setup is this?
  4. cheftjpeck

cheftjpeck Active Member

212 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    Well since Ryan was fired by phone maybe the offensive coach at vr was actually Garrett..right after he gets off phone firing rob

Garret: (on phone with Rob) yeah rob.. Jerry is here and he told me to fire you... So yeah your fired giggle giggle.. It's part of the process. (Hangs up phone)

Jerry: well Jason... I have another part of the process... You're fired!!!
    Garrett: WHAT?!?!! You can't?!?? My daddy said you would never do that...
    Jerry: well your daddy was wrong ... You are fired.. Don't make it harder than it is
    Garrett: but Stephen promised me ...
    Jerry: Jason ... Stop crying .. You're fired
    Jason: don't you do it ... I got nowhere else to go... I got nowhere else to go...
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,577 Messages
    5,301 Likes Received
    Let's see what happens. It's easy to overreact when big holes are being created in your coaching staff, and you don't know who the replacements will be yet. They're not going to be making changes like this without a plan in place. Whatever you think about Jason, and even Jerry, this organization does not fly by the seat of its pants.
  6. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,230 Messages
    847 Likes Received
    Bingo!!!!!
  7. Leadbelly

Leadbelly Active Member

505 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    Eagles apparently. In addition to being a quality HC and DC, Lovie's a Texas guy and Cowboys fan, I believe. Hate to see him sullied by the Eagles.
  8. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,487 Messages
    1,669 Likes Received
    Only difference between the 2 is Garrett has a Quarterback and Campo never did.
  9. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

1,882 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    Garret: (on phone with Rob) yeah rob.. Jerry is here and he told me to fire you... So yeah your fired giggle giggle.. It's part of the process. (Hangs up phone)

Jerry: well Jason... I have another part of the process... You're fired!!!
    Garrett: WHAT?!?!! You can't?!?? My daddy said you would never do that...
    Jerry: well your daddy was wrong ... You are fired.. Don't make it harder than it is
    Garrett: but Stephen promised me ...
    Jerry: Jason ... Stop crying .. You're fired
    Jason: don't you do it ... I got nowhere else to go... I got nowhere else to go...

:lmao2: :lmao:

Keep it coming MR. JONES..........GET THIS TEAM FIXED..... NO MORE BS Excuses.
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,577 Messages
    5,301 Likes Received
    Yeah, I read that, too, now. I have a hard time seeing that, for some reason. That town and that roster doesn't seem like a fit for Lovie, to me.

Whoever it is, I think we've got a coaching plan in place, and it looks like Jerry was serious that we'd be aggressive.

I hated having a Ryan in Dallas, and think there are better guys available, so that move doesn't bother me as much as Skip Peete did, and Skip Peete was more curious than annoying, honestly. Something big's afoot.
  11. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    and my ignore list grows.
  12. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,387 Messages
    534 Likes Received
    Just right now? Man, I envy you for keeping the emotions in check most days! :)
  13. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,532 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    Very much my sentiments as well. Did Ryan "deserve" to be fired? Probably not. But is the best available at this point in time? Also, probably not. I respect how Ryan kept us in games despite the injuries but he also delivered nothing close to what people wanted from a Ryan in two years time - relentless pressure, confusion, turnovers.
  14. cheftjpeck

cheftjpeck Active Member

212 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    Why just for him quoting what I posted in jest??
  15. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,449 Messages
    746 Likes Received
    I just read through 11 pages of postings, and not person suggested that it could be John Garrett the one who was fired!

LOL
  16. Real1st

Real1st Nikola Tesla

4,835 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Garrett's are made men. You can't whack a made man. You must get permission from the commission.
  17. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,861 Messages
    362 Likes Received
    You think JJ can talk to ghosts much like Jennifer Love Hewitt or the kid from The Sixth Sense?

It's a shame that ghost is Al Davis.
  18. alicetooljam

alicetooljam Active Member

482 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    :D Youre an officer AND a gentleman....
  19. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

1,882 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    are you getting a little UNCOMFORTABLE their Mr. Iceberg. LOL

Mr. Jones needs to RIGHT THE SHIP...16 years of Country club mentality at Valley Ranch is to much.....its time to WIN
  20. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,158 Messages
    264 Likes Received
    LOL

:laugh2:
    This is such classic Rob Ryan!

So is the entire staff gone? Henderson? Eberflus?