1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Galloway: Just said another coach got canned but blew up

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Aven8, Jan 8, 2013.

1. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,403 Messages
    319 Likes Received

Jerry IS the country club....and you look for him to right the ship? What a complete joke.

These coaches getting fired are the least of the problems.

Clowns are running the circus...I guess there is no reason we should be surprised.
  2. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,403 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    Huh?

Callahan deserves a medal for of honor for coaching up that group. It was remarkable Romo was still standing at the end and that the earth didn't swallow up that o-line in a mercy killing.
  3. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    Garrett could never wear a wet suit like Campo either.
  4. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,882 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    We will find out soon enough I suppose!
  5. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm still confused by this..this rumor made it sound like there was an incident at VR but we find out Ryan was out of town.
  6. BEMYDADJERRY

BEMYDADJERRY Member

745 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    someone else is on the chopping block that thinks he should be let go....
  7. respectdatstar

respectdatstar Member

685 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Jerry should just fire everybody and do everything himself. HC, OC, DC, scout, etc.
  8. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,200 Messages
    5,430 Likes Received
    You technically need that, but the Bears mysteriously have had just as bad of a safety group as we have had over the past five years.

If Smith comes on board, there will need to be some new interior defensive linemen brought in. We do not have the inside rusher his style of defense really needs (yes, I am aware people still think Ratliff can make a difference).
  9. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    The line played decent maybe three or four games this year and you think he deserves a medal? The penalties alone should send him packing.
  10. Alexander

25,200 Messages
    5,430 Likes Received
    It is just how the bar has been lowered with this fanbase.

It is no different than seeing consistent five hundred seasons looking "bright" where in the past, similar records when the team was truly rebuilding was seen as failure.

Overall, Callahan's performance was not impressive considering the one piece that he was truly without for any length of time was Phil Costa. A game missed here or there for Tyron Smith should not have made the entire line incapable of run blocking consistently or even getting an inch when needed. I do not understand how people forget Callahan was quite complementary of the two free agent guards and had a hand in their selection. He failed just as much as Ryan failed, if not more considering he had a healthier unit.
  11. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,331 Messages
    1,354 Likes Received
    the fanbase can't raise or lower the bar, only watch the team we love while others pretend their views on a forum board can actually make a difference.
  12. trueblue1687

trueblue1687 Well-Known Member

1,672 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Wow...after a very long night, I wake up and see that Ryan has been fired...I'm pretty surprised at this to be honest. I know there were MAJOR holes in the defense, but I thought they were a big reason for many of the wins this season considering all the "second half starts" the offense made. I fell like this is misplaced and personally don't care for the Ryans too much. i thought the guy did a pretty solid job considering....Yet DeCamilis (sp) remains :)
  13. Alexander

25,200 Messages
    5,430 Likes Received
    Or others, like you, pretend their constant and banal lectures on what makes a fan legitimate actually make a difference.
  14. iceberg

28,331 Messages
    1,354 Likes Received
    then tell me - you raise the bar and then what? what happens? does jones notice?

i lower the bar, then what, does jones notice?

no to both but some pretend that their rantings are something more than venting. it's not. but that's fine, rage on man.

doesn't make one iota of a difference except in your mind.
  15. jjktkk

jjktkk Active Member

1,672 Messages
    14 Likes Received

Very well said!!! Maybe there should be a "Fantasy GM" zone started up on here.
  16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,022 Messages
    2,258 Likes Received
    Maybe we should just stop discussion all together?
  17. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,139 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    The owner and his people do hear the pressure exerted on the fan sites and it's reflected in ticket sales and merchandise sales.

You'd better beleive the fansites like this one carry a measurable leverage as things go forward.

Now, is it going to effect decisions..yes.

Salary Cap..no.

Who gets selected in drafts..? Yes and no because some of it is luck as to who is there when we pick and what fiances allows.

But I have always believed..especially when Landry was let go and the Jimster came to Dallas from Miami..that the fan sites had a great deal to do with needed changes.

Still do.

Hello Jerrah..thanks for reading.

:starspin RedBaLL ExPreSS:starspin
  18. iceberg

28,331 Messages
    1,354 Likes Received
    well not much i can do. i've come to find you can whine your hiney off and call the staff any name you want. express an opinion against it, you get deleted.

no sense in saying much at all anymore.
  19. trueblue1687

trueblue1687 Well-Known Member

1,672 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    More like Jerry hired Jimmy because they were bar buddies and had history, and Jerry had just shelled out a ton of money for a floundering team. The problem with your theory on fan influence is that, despite all the grumping you hear about decisions, and lack of meaningful seasons over the past 16 years or so, Ticket and merchandise sales have placed/kept the Cowboys cemented as the highest valued franchise in the NFL.
  20. fairviewfarmer

fairviewfarmer Member

338 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Don't forget the bone head AD he worked under at Nebraska: Steve Pederson.