1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Game observations (Dallas at Washington, 1994)

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by bbgun, Aug 29, 2005.

1. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Was bored this weekend, so I dug this out of the closet. We led 31-0 at the half and won 34-7. A few thoughts:

1. Holy **** did Haley tear them a new one. Talk about owned. He was in the backfield allllll day long. Heath Shuler was running for his life on almost every play. All Haley needs to do is send this tape to the HOF committee and he'll get in.

2. Speaking of Shuler, what a turd. Very mediocre arm strength and a little on the short side. Norv was tearing his hair out on the sidelines.

3. Brock Marion intercepts and takes it back for a TD, yet it's called back due to a roughing penalty on rookie SHANTE CARVER. Thanks a lot, moron.

4. Tui leaves the game early with an injury and is replaced by rookie Larry Allen, who holds his own.

5. Emmitt (who looks physically smaller than he did late in his career) scores two on the ground before leaving with a hammy injury in the second quarter--an injury that would linger all year and catch up to us in Frisco.

6. The announcers are raving about Big E, but he too would be lost to a (car crash) injury a couple weeks later.

7. Can't understand why Robert Jones never made it at MLB. His speed is showing up all over the field, yet he never put it all together.

8. Pup and Larry Brown are shutting down Ellard and Desmond Howard.

9. An efficient game for Troy, who rarely won at RFK.

10. Bizarrely, idiot Switzer left the sidelines for the locker room early in the 4th quarter. Did he have to take a piss? Who knows. Announcers are wondering who the hell was coaching the team while he was gone. Me too.
  2. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,652 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received

Isn't Shuler running for Congress in Tennessee?

I can't remember clearly, but I thought Switzer started having some neck problems that year. He put off having surgery at one time to fix it so he could concentrate on work. That is why he always looked like he was craning his head forward.
  3. Cheap Shot Artist

Cheap Shot Artist Benched

981 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Too ironic..

I have '94 the home game against the Skins

James Washington made perhaps the hit of the decade on Tidus Winans on the last play of the half--knocked the poor bastard back 7 yards
  4. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,546 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    I was wondering who was coaching the team the entire season.
    I'm pretty sure I could've coached the 95 team to the SB. We were so good it was on auto-pilot. The San Fran rob job/debacle in 94 was the only blemish on the greatest team assembled.
  5. da_boyz_mk

da_boyz_mk How 'Bout Dem Cowboys

2,125 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    thanks for the post....brings back great memories.