1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Game of Thrones Season 3

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Phoenix, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Teren_Kanan

Teren_Kanan Well-Known Member

1,680 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    There is literally nothing about what I posted that could be taken as a spoiler.

Every character has an arch each season.
  2. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,790 Messages
    1,180 Likes Received
    He took the end literally.:D
  3. Aggie87

Aggie87 Member

156 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Yep - I read "the ending of his story" arch. Sorry.
  4. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,308 Messages
    426 Likes Received
    I too am worried how that will come off. Part of it is due to changes, but a lot of it I think is the actor...he just doesn't come across as someone who can handle things well...or someone who is all that bright.
  5. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I know they are following the books. A bad attempt at humor in a thread that is very serious for some reason.
  6. Derekmtl85

Derekmtl85 Well-Known Member

1,214 Messages
    326 Likes Received
    You'd be surprised how many people complained to HBO about HBO writers killing off the Starks. :laugh2:

Some still do not know it's a book series that started in the 90's.
  7. Teren_Kanan

1,680 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    Agree completely.
  8. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,039 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    That's kinda funny. I haven't read the books yet, but friends who have gave the one sentence synopsis of, "It's a really well written series, and Martin will kill anyone in it." Even knowing this, it's still been shocking. And generally well played.

I just can't figure out who in the Rob Stark camp is left to be killed in the season finale. Sad times for the north.
  9. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,339 Messages
    855 Likes Received
    So I'm a little late joining in on this thread, but that last episode was the thing of legends. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in their production meetings.
  10. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    George Martin, writer of this series wants fans to feel the pain and be involved emotionally that's the reason for killing off characters that fans are endeared with.

http://tv.yahoo.com/video/playlist/daytime/dint-game-thrones-author-wants-184407193.html
  11. Derekmtl85

1,214 Messages
    326 Likes Received
    Only people who have read up until the end of book 3 should click this link....

I repeat, do not click this link if you haven't read the books, it will show a picture that spoils an event for the next episode, but i thought the book fans would want to see.

http://i.imgur.com/qSY9UOy.jpg
  12. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,692 Messages
    554 Likes Received
    That means he's doing a good job becuase Jon Snow knows nothing.
  13. Teren_Kanan

1,680 Messages
    163 Likes Received

OH.. wow.. I did not think they were going to have this at all.
  14. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,289 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    When I read the books, I was surprised when it happened, but when I thought back about it, he never really spent the time developing that character all that deeply anyway.
  15. Teren_Kanan

1,680 Messages
    163 Likes Received

Not sure which character you're talking about. If it's the one in the picture, that's not the one you were supposed to be endeared with in that scene. He's just the one you are hopeful for. The endearing character was the viewpoint for the chapter =p
  16. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,307 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  17. The Ominous

The Ominous Dead Man Stalkin

1,213 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    He has said many times that he wished Robb had POV chapters. As for the picture, it makes me very sad. I didn't think they would include that in the show. People are going to be very upset. But I think the final scene of this season will blow more minds than the Red Wedding. LS is all I have to say...hehehe.
  18. Derekmtl85

1,214 Messages
    326 Likes Received
    I say they keep it for season 4's first scene. But yeah, it's between the final scene in the finale or opening scene for season 4.
  19. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,124 Messages
    360 Likes Received
  20. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,039 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    For another interpretation of the theme:

[youtubehd]iyeKTMBFeyE[/youtubehd]

And here is the Skyrim/Morrowind theme:

[youtubehd]W5RB-gr9DTU[/youtubehd]

And if you go youtube hunting, they also do some covers of a bit different nature....Iron Maiden, Blue Oyster Cult.... you name it.

Thanks for that soundcloud link, was cool to hear the composer's take on it.