Game of Thrones Season 7 thread

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Jul 17, 2017.

1. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Today's Winner Of The Internet Zone Supporter

9,776 Messages
    7,464 Likes Received
    Ah so we may actually see a an Arya/Mountain showdown

Trouty and lothos05 like this.
  2. AmarilloCowboyFan

AmarilloCowboyFan Well-Known Member

2,507 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    Edit. Sorry, misread what you said. Yes, the money made it.

Trouty and viman96 like this.
  3. bkight13

bkight13 Capologist

17,422 Messages
    13,302 Likes Received
    Forgot Walder Fray

Cersei
    Joffrey
    The Hound
    Illan Payne- executioner
    Polliver*
    Ser Maryn Trout*
    Tywin
    Walder Fray*

Mountain
    Tickler
    Melisandre
    Beric Dondarion
    Thoros of Myr

4. darthseinfeld

9,776 Messages
    7,464 Likes Received
    And if she is to kill Cersei, she would likely have to go through the Mountain first. Although that task could wind up going to the Hound

Trouty, LocimusPrime and bkight13 like this.
  5. FloridaRob

FloridaRob Well-Known Member

2,046 Messages
    231 Likes Received
    Brienne and Jaime have to have another sword fight.

DallasDomination, Trouty and CATCH17 like this.
  6. Sarek

Sarek Well-Known Member

1,321 Messages
    755 Likes Received
    Season 3 and 4 seemed so slow moving, everything is just so compressed now, it's almost becoming too much to handle. Lot of near death scenes in this last episode. Only 50 minutes this week, whats up with that? They needed more time to spread out this new material. I think its either going to be Snow or the Imp who takes the throne. I think Daenerys will sacrifice herself in one of the major battles with the Dead or the Lannisters. Will see. Overall very good, just very compact now.

Trouty likes this.
  7. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

11,763 Messages
    4,943 Likes Received
    Hmm ok. I must have missed that.

Trouty likes this.
  8. darthseinfeld

9,776 Messages
    7,464 Likes Received
    I wonder if Meera is going to factor in to anything or if she is done

Trouty and CATCH17 like this.
  9. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

8,628 Messages
    6,521 Likes Received
    Interesting. I think we'll see one final battle this season and the other next season. One will be against Cersei and her army and the other will be against the White Walkers. Since they haven't seemed to focus much at all on the White Walkers this season, I think it's more likely we'll see the battle against Cersei wrap up this season, leaving Daenerys and Jon to go against the White Walkers in the final season. I do agree it makes the dragons more vulnerable now. They couldn't write the script to make the dragons invincible. They had to add some suspense. Maybe the dragons get killed fighting Cersei and they have to defeat the White Walkers next season on the ground with dragon glass.

Trouty and bkight13 like this.
  10. Sarek

Sarek Well-Known Member

1,321 Messages
    755 Likes Received
    I think Brandon will take control of the dragons vs the dead after Daenerys dies or gets injured. Popular theory is that the imp will consummate the marriage with Sansa and they will become King and Queen of the seven kingdoms and Snow will remain King of the North.

Trouty likes this.
  11. JoeyBoy718

8,628 Messages
    6,521 Likes Received
    I'm not a big fan of Daenerys and am not convinced she'll "win" the GoT, but I don't see her dying any time soon. If she dies, I think it'll be at the very end. I think they're done killing off characters just for the shock factor. I think most characters remaining have too much importance and unfinished business to just kill off right away (which is why I don't see Jamie being dead from falling into the water). One "shock" death I could see might be Littlefinger, but I'm not even convinced that he doesn't have some more interesting developments left in store.

Trouty and Sarek like this.
  12. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,970 Messages
    842 Likes Received
    George RR Martin in an interview said the spinoffs would not be Roberts Rebellion or Sir Duncan stories, but something new instead

Trouty likes this.
  13. RingOfHonor88

RingOfHonor88 Well-Known Member

5,577 Messages
    6,688 Likes Received
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. She may look kind of manly, but she's all woman. Lol :laugh:

darthseinfeld likes this.
  14. bkight13

bkight13 Capologist

17,422 Messages
    13,302 Likes Received
    I bet they spent 1/2 their CGI budget on this one and left a lot on the cutting room floor that didn't cut the mustard..... I read they trained for 3 weeks for this battle and had over 70 "burn deaths"

It didn't seem short to me watching it the first time

15. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

11,763 Messages
    4,943 Likes Received
    I'd love a mini-series on the White Walkers!

Trouty likes this.
  16. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler

12,938 Messages
    8,460 Likes Received
    Fun fact: Mets pitcher Noah Syndergaard was an extra in that fight scene, he was the tall blonde guy who threw a spear :thumbup:

17. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

14,861 Messages
    11,021 Likes Received
  18. JoeyBoy718

8,628 Messages
    6,521 Likes Received
    I'd expect more dialogue than a Tarantino movie.

Trouty likes this.
  19. bkight13

bkight13 Capologist

17,422 Messages
    13,302 Likes Received
    I just re-watched and you are 100% correct........ it was hundreds of Lannister Infantry being told to bend the knee or die... I didn't see Jamie or Bronn anywhere but Drogon was in the back nursing his wounds

It was a huge win for Daenerys that is for sure

It will be interesting to see if she wants to finish off Cersei with the Dragons or help Jon first...... Cersei now has the funds to buy another mercenary army but the next episode looks like it is about Eastwatch Castle at the Wall

20. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

68,557 Messages
    16,733 Likes Received
    Gilly with the short role tonight that had the biggest info and impact going forward.
    Pretty much lays the groundwork that J. Snow is not a ******* love child of L. Stark and R. Targaryen.... It appears they were secretly we'd so that makes Snow an official Targaryen and since he is not a ******* Targaryen... His claim would be higher than Danny since he is a male.

Nice to see Gendry back after so long. Would be nice if Arya gets to see him again.

Littlefinger laying traps for Arya.... Watch yourself girl.

Brothers without Banners and the Hound teaming up Jon and group to capture a white walker. Interesting.

Sam leaving the citadel before learning g of his father and brother. Wonder if he goes to house Tarley, castle black or winter fell.