1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Game, Set, Match... this Is Officialy Over Now

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Beast_from_East, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,411 Messages
    2,139 Likes Received
    Wow, what a Friday.

McCain basically endorsed Obama at his ralley with "you have nothing to fear from President Obama".

Mrs. Wassilla abused her powers, breaking news all over the networks. For you guys that said this was a non-issue, yall really nailed it.:rolleyes:

Its over now.
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  3. adamc91115

adamc91115 New Member

738 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Feels like its '04 all over again.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,477 Messages
    3,762 Likes Received
    Nothing is over. The palin news is not good for the republicans, however I guarantee you they will try to spin it as something good.

McCain calling out his out of the control mob audience members is a great thing IMO. I respect him more for it. However it does bring up the issue of saying he is not scary even though that is the exact opposite of the message the campaign was trying to press....but I don't care about that because McCain did the right thing.

From a McCain/Palin ticket/campaign issue it has been a bad day though.

But again...this election is not over until the fat lady sings.
  5. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Remember when Gore had a 14 point lead in the "polls" at this same time in 2000?

Ahh, the good ol' days.
  6. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    It is something good for people who care about decency and honor and irrelevant stuff like that. :bang2:
  7. adamc91115

adamc91115 New Member

738 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wish I could... I was a little young at that point.

But let me tell you how sweet it was being in high school in '04 seeing Kerry supporters nearly cry.
  8. BrAinPaiNt

60,477 Messages
    3,762 Likes Received
    I said I am happy that McCain called them out, have given him nothing but praise over it.

However you are smart enough to know that an opposing campaign will get the point out that the McCain/Palin campaign has been going the route of trying to paint obama and get voters to ask if they can trust him and he could be scary because of his past ties.

What happens is the VP gets a investigation report and verdict of finding her abusing the trust of her position and McCain comes out and says you do not have to be afraid of Obama as president and that he is a decent family man and citizen.

No matter how you look at it that is a coup for the Obama camp and a bad day for the McCain/Palin camp.

Now you can spin it all you want Cajun, but I am trying to be objective with this take and I think if you are willing to be objective you will see the same thing.
  9. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Well, let me help...The lord high exalted mystic ruler gore had this huge lead over this drunk, drug using hick from Texas who dodged the draft.

Then all of a sudden there was an election and poof, Gore becomes a recluse, goes insane in GW and becomes Michael Mooreish.

And Bush turned out to be the antithesis of what they said he was.

And they all lived happily ever after. Until the mean evil demons from the other side, (That's what the "D" stands for) got control, then our economy went down hill.

Good Night John Boy....Good Night Sue Ellen...Good Night Jim Bob.

:D
  10. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Oh I know how it will be spun in the media, you are right no doubt. I was talking about clear thinking American's which leaves out the PMSNBC crowd.
  11. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  12. BrAinPaiNt

60,477 Messages
    3,762 Likes Received
    Clear thinking americans that are not biased for either side will see it as a bad day for the McCain camp as well. The ONLY positive spin I can see in all of this is that McCain broke away and put the some of the out of control audience/mccain backers in their place. THAT is something he should have done and finally did. And I, and I imagine many others will as well, applaud him for it, even though a very good amount of that one audience booed him for it.

I think he did the right thing and hopefully stops the mob mentality that was just flat out getting out of control. Again I thank him for it. It was the right thing to do even if it does hurt him in the long run.

One could spin that in a good way, but that does not take away that by him saying that you don't need to be afraid of an Obama president, that he is a decent family man and citizen is the opposite of the image they were going for.
  13. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    An internet video that has 27,000 views in a week in a half?

Game changer.
  14. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Have you seen it?
    What do you think?
  15. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I haven't lol, I posted before I started it just to be a smart alleck, it's playing now though.
  16. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Fair enough.
  17. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    It is so interesting that the fact that the brother in law tasered his own son gets so very little mention from the main stream media.
  18. irvin88

irvin88 Active Member

1,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :bow: :bow: :bow:
  19. Wheat

Wheat Philosopher

2,924 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dude, that's messed up! He should have been fired! Isn't there a proper way of doing it? A legal method of properly doing it? Maybe instead of doing it like this. They could have done it right and maybe even brought charges against him. Right?

Nah, the MSM would never talk about that.
  20. adamc91115

adamc91115 New Member

738 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    One reason that I believe this race is closer than the polls are showing is the Democrat/Republican/Independent weighting.

Many national polls how have the weighting at around 40%D, 25%R, 35%I. Now call me crazy, but I don't see the Republican party at 25% nationwide.

And if you look deeper at state polls for example... I saw one West Virginia poll having it weighted 55%D, 35%R, 10%I. I've been to West Virginia quite a few times and I have a hard time believing it to be a predominately Democratic state.

I have a question for someone who maybe knows a little more about this polling than I do. Why is there a need to weight these things? Shouldn't you get a picture that is just as valid as pulling 3000 random names from the phone book?