1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Garrett: Bryant's maturity includes being more patient when the ball isn't coming...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 3, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,145 Messages
    6,944 Likes Received
    -- Carlos Mendez

Dez Bryant is doing a better job of being patient when the ball doesn’t come his way early in games, coach Jason Garrett said.

“I think in so many ways, Dez has matured, and I think that’s one of the ways,” Garrett said. “I think his preparation throughout the week has gotten better. I think he’s understanding more and more how to practice well and allow that practice work to show up in the ball game. I think he’s just been more consistent throughout the game, whether he gets the ball or whether he doesn’t get the ball, running his routes, doing his job. And I think the patience and the composure that he had early on in the ball game when he wasn’t getting the ball is another sign of that maturity.”

“Their style of defense was to take the outside guys away a little bit,” Garrett said of the Eagles. “We threw the ball to Witten. We ran the ball well early on in the ball game. When you do that, you force them to change and play maybe a little bit more differently and open up some opportunities outside.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...l-isnt-coming-his-way-early-garrett-says.html