1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Garrett get puppetized

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CowboyChris, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,435 Messages
    196 Likes Received

I have been a proponent of Garrett giving up the play calling. So now I and others got what we wanted. What I don't like is the way it comes down with essentially a public demotion.

Last place in 2013
  2. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,273 Messages
    832 Likes Received
    Just the other day there was a guy trying to pass off the interview of Monty Kiffin. So you never know.
  3. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,035 Messages
    3,971 Likes Received
    So you got what you want, but you don't like how you got it.

So how would you have proposed Garrett give up playcalling? We already had an OC on staff, albeit in name only.

Not sure there would've been a better way to do it than how it was done.
  4. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

2,450 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    Hmmmm, I didn't think there were any more Redball apologizers around anymore.
  5. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,633 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    We have the most uneducated ridiculous football fans in the league and its a damn shame and embarrassing at times. Not all, but a large number of our fanbase is clueless and just want to complain and whine about everything. OMG!!!! Smh!!!!!
  6. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

1,838 Messages
    996 Likes Received
    Thats an interesting take, let me give this some thought.....
    Okay, times up. Nope. Its Jerry. All Jerry.
  7. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,668 Messages
    666 Likes Received
    Not surprised. Some are incapable, or just unwilling, to think for more than a minute or so. That's okay. We all have our shortcomings.
  8. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,435 Messages
    196 Likes Received
    The only part I dont like is Jerry telling the world. Why say anything? Even if Jerry is making him do it, make it appear it's Garrett's decision
  9. dupree89

1,838 Messages
    996 Likes Received
    I was really only joking around. How come people are so on edge? Its all out of our control. On a serious note..and this time I'm serious....Your thinking was actually pretty good. It is a possibility and you have just as much of a right to speculate as any of us. Wow...if thats really the case..about 90% of us were fooled. Sorry for tryin to be funny and not accomplishing it. Keep up the good work, I like all of your posts. (seriously)

:star:
  10. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,685 Messages
    2,419 Likes Received
    Maybe O.J. didn't commit those murders...

But all the evidence says otherwise.
  11. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

628 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    WCO wouldn't benefit Romo at all.
  12. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,483 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    And what evidence supports your theory?

None.

Only a few people know what really goes on and we're none of them so please stop acting like your opinion is fact.
  13. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

.........and posted as such earlier in the day.......it happens in business EVERY DAY fellas, and the NFL is very much a business. Hope it doesn't happen to any of you someday. But if it does, you roll with the punches and keep that GREAT paying gig like Red is doing.

LIve to fight another day, week, month and hope things will get better. Granted, chances are they WON'T with JJ but.....you never know I suppose. In the meantime everyone can take potshots from Jim Rome to the Heyenas on here but in the end the man is doing the best he can and that's all I can ask at this point. He's still our coach so I'm going to support him.
  14. fishspill

fishspill Active Member

942 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    I've seen this act before so my too early season prognostication is 5-11.
  15. dupree89

1,838 Messages
    996 Likes Received

FIVE??? You're giving us wins in both Eagle games?
  16. Picksix

4,668 Messages
    666 Likes Received
    Comparing coaching decisions to a double murder. Okay. Anyway, there was actual evidence in that case. Here, the only "evidence" I've seen is heresay and speculation.
  17. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,000 Messages
    441 Likes Received
    This is complete bull... While I'm no fan of Jerry Jones the GM. This move had to be made because the offense was horrible.
  18. goshan

goshan Active Member Zone Supporter

1,869 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    What are you whining about?
  19. Picksix

4,668 Messages
    666 Likes Received
    I know, and I didn't mean to make it an attack on you. But it was kind of defensive. And honestly, I'm just trying to make sense of all this too. And to me, all I've heard for so long is that Jerry doesn't want a "walk around HC", but now all of a sudden he does.

I appreciate the kind words.
  20. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,197 Messages
    583 Likes Received
    Hey man, honest question, I know you are Garrett believer (honestly I´m not), where would you draw the line with him? If we end up 8-8 next season and miss the playoffs will you change your opinion and want him fired? Or how many years would you give him or what has to happen before that thought entered your mind?
    By the way, as a Cowboys fan first and foremost I really hope you are right about Garrett, I just don´t see it.