1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Garrett Has Had Full Autonomy Over the Offense For 6 Years

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Beast_from_East, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Everson24

Everson24 Well-Known Member

1,110 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    Best post I've read in a long time. I couldn't agree more. Romo is asked to do too much with a system that demands a running game and very good pass blocking.
  2. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,805 Messages
    770 Likes Received
    That's right, all Garrett needs to field a successful offense is an offensive line with 3 studs and a two stud RBs to go along with his stud WR, stud QB, and stud TE.

And then when those additions fail to make an impact, it'll turn out that Garrett needs to collect a stud FB to truly make his glorious offense a reality
  3. Trajan

Trajan Active Member

693 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    The Offensive Coordinator had no input on FA or draft ? Then he should never have been made HC.
  4. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,686 Messages
    2,354 Likes Received
    I have to hand it to the Garrett lovers, to come up with the angle that he just inherited all the personnel on the offensive side of the ball the last 6 years and therefore he is not to blame for the offense sucking..........

thats pretty dam creative, I have to give them that.:laugh1:
  5. Beast_from_East

14,686 Messages
    2,354 Likes Received
    Jerry said this in his radio interview, that Wade had nothing to do with the offense and that Garrett had full autonomy over the offensive side of the ball for the past 6 seasons.

Now you can choose to not belive this, but the guy signing the checks sure believes this.
  6. Beast_from_East

14,686 Messages
    2,354 Likes Received

Then why is Jerry talking about bringing in a play caller if the main problem is personnel which Garrett is not responsible for?

If what you say is indeed true and the problem is the talent level, then why would there be any talk at all of a new play caller? Why would you need a new play caller if the problem has not been scheme or play calling?

Your conclusion makes no sense, there would be no talk of needing a new play caller to help Garrett out if Jerry thought the only problem was talent level. Clearly Jerry thinks there is a problem with the scheme/play calling.
  7. Beast_from_East

14,686 Messages
    2,354 Likes Received
    How is it a fan's rant if that fan is repeating what Jerry said in an interview word for word?

I see you are attacking the messenger and instead of the message, classic sign that you got no counter argument to make.

I dont blame you, not much ammo to defend Garrett with these days.
  8. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

5,921 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    I find it hard to believe you can actually be as dense and clueless as your posts appear to indicate? Then again, it's just business as usual for you.
  9. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

5,921 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Actually Kosier and Columbo played very well for us for several years. Their play declined rapidly due to injuries. You can't plan for those. They happen.
  10. Beast_from_East

14,686 Messages
    2,354 Likes Received

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
  11. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

816 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    For your sake you should hope that its Garrett, NOT Jones that gets to pick the OC. I do think its alot to ask of a head coach these days to oversee the whole operation of the team and also call plays. Everything is so much more precise and specialized now. I think Jones idea is good but the players have to buy Garrett is on board and working with the play calling - and that its not a punitive measure by Jones.

I still have nightmares about Snyder hiring Sherman Lewis to call plays for Zorn mid-season in 09. It make him look like a lame duck and the players just stopped responding and quit on the season.
  12. the playmaker

the playmaker Member

179 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    this!!!!!:bow:
  13. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,392 Messages
    8,295 Likes Received
    Did you just use Jerry Jones as some flawless decision maker who can't be questioned?
  14. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,392 Messages
    8,295 Likes Received
    I don't even want to try to understand that.

It's like discrediting a chef because he never farmed.
  15. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

11,316 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    It wasn't Jones idea. He got the idea from Joe Gibbs.
  16. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

3,119 Messages
    708 Likes Received
    It's literally beyond comprehension.

Risen Star needs to stop trying to hide between the "his title was just Offensive Coordinator, what else was he supposed to do?!" argument. He's a very smart guy with very good takes on most things, but that is just a weak, weak argument. The role Garrett had here can absolutely not be compared to any other offensive coordinator job around the NFL.

Garrett's other title was ASSISTANT HEAD COACH and we all know that he was hired to be the future head coach. That's why he was brought in with his brother as Director of Scouting. The goal was that they would assemble the talent under Wade and then have it all ready to be firing on all cylinders when Red finally took over.
  17. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    435 Likes Received
    Jason Garrett could have toned down Air Coryell knowing the state of the O-line. Instead he turned it up Martz Style..abandoning the run even with Murray healthy and running deep routes the line can't block, especially against the blitz.

He could have used a short passing version with a heavier run and more Tony Romo plays outside the pocket to counter the blitz.

Jason never adjusted his offense to the personnel or state of the O-Line and therfore failed. Jason will not be calling plays next year. He's a great guy who belongs in the front office.
  18. Beast_from_East

14,686 Messages
    2,354 Likes Received
    Last time I checked, he owns the freaking team.

There is an old saying that goes, "the man with the gold makes the rules".
  19. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,698 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    This is so unbelievable. Why do we have people in this forum keep blaming everything on the Oline for the entire debacle of our offense? Did they force Romo to throw INTs or were they responsible for adjusting on their own blitz pickups?

Some people here amaze me. It seems that they will say any excuse just to protect the real culprit to our offense - thats Garrett. If we keep protecting him he will never be a good coach. I doubt that he ever will since he got everything handed to him on a silver platter anyways.
  20. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,698 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    Logic doesn't apply when it comes to Garrett. He is supposed to be immuned from such criticism.