1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Garrett is in denial about how mediocre our offense & QB are

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Awakened, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Awakened

Awakened the Dude abides

800 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    "I just think that's an example of how we play offensive football," Garrett said. "We very rarely like to take the freedom away from the quarterback. We like to give him answers and options. Tony is an outstanding quarterback. He sees what the defense is trying to do and tries to throw it to the appropriate guy."

He's not getting in done, Jason. You need to do something about it. The way you're doing it is producing a mediocre offense that repeatedly counts on an excellent defense to rescue it from loss.
  2. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,254 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    Our WRs and offensive line aren't getting it done. Gotta say, Dez has all the talent in the world, but he won't consistently put forth the effort. I think Tony is growing tired of looking his way and seeing him meander in running his route. This is why Witten is getting so many balls thrown his way. Witten gives everything on every play.

Austin does the same thing. Neither Austin nor Dez give a consistent effort on every play.
  3. D29Murray

D29Murray New Member

378 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Mediocre QB? No.
    Mediocre OL? Yes.
    Mediocre WRs? Mostly.
    Mediocre Run Game? See Mediocre OL.
  4. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

5,161 Messages
    521 Likes Received
    It almost makes you wonder if Romo could actually force garrett to play other guys by not looking toward Dez or ogletree very often.
  5. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    I don't think effort is Dez's problem.

I'm not sure he has the ability to mentally grasp the game.
  6. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

11,791 Messages
    609 Likes Received
    I'll give you mediocre play calling.
    Mediocre QB? Your nuts.
  7. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

1,906 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    Romo is not our problem. Others have hit it - it's the poor OL play and the poor running game that are our main concerns on offense.
  8. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,767 Messages
    1,973 Likes Received
    On GAC today, Mosley said that Dez has the most passion of anybody on the team and hates losing more than anyone on the team. He said that is obvious to him when he is at the Valley Ranch Country Club. He thinks Dez would be better served to just have 3 or 4 routes to know and execute well on as Herm Edwards said. Dex has all the physical talent so if he cant grasp all the mental aspect of the game let him just focus on doing what he does best. The coaches need to simplify it for him specifically.
  9. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,102 Messages
    1,377 Likes Received
    I also don't think teams worry about Witten catching the ball.

They are content letting Witten get his catches.

They are willing to give us Witten because it will be 4, 6, 8 yards, or maybe 12 if we're lucky.

They don't have to worry much about yards after catch with him either.

They don't want Dez or Austin getting loose in the secondary.

They know Romo loves Witten so they say, fine you can have Witten because he won't beat us underneath.
  10. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,033 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    Why all the negativity on Dez? He had a great game yesterday and we probably lose without his efforts offensively. Plus he is on pace for 1000+ yards. I don't think he is the problem. I do agree that the play calling may need to be adjusted for his strengths though.
  11. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,367 Messages
    927 Likes Received
    Let's see - he's not getting it done but virtually saved the season on a play that hardly any other QB could make. Like last year he has had two bad games and has played good, not great since. But to say he's not getting it done is ridicules. He is not the problem. I'd rather you tell the truth and say you hate him as our QB than this or come with a solution. What would you do?

Now -- Eli Manning is not getting it done. 11 INT's 4 fumbles and four straight games of a declining QBR under 40.
  12. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,746 Messages
    258 Likes Received
    Wake up.........Romo gives us a chance every week, its the OLine and WR that then only start to reduce that chance.
  13. landroverking

landroverking Well-Known Member

1,479 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    So right. X2
  14. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

5,546 Messages
    1,242 Likes Received
    Amazing...

Romo leads the Cowboys to a win in one of the most important games of the season so far by having one of his best games of the year while playing behind an offensive line that let the mediocre Eagles' pass rush hound him all day and we still get clueless posts like this.:lmao:

Wrong time to post crap like this. Had your shot a few weeks ago.
  15. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Romo is an inconsistent qb. Not even debatable really. Garrett is a bad Playcaller and Dez is a mental midget. All facts.
  16. DavidS

DavidS Well-Known Member

1,142 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    It's ridiculous....really
  17. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,367 Messages
    927 Likes Received
    :romothumbsup:
  18. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,556 Messages
    1,420 Likes Received
    Jimmy J said it best yesterday on the pre game show. You never tell the players or the fans what you are really thinking. I'm pretty sure even ole red has that much figured out. He knows the O Line stinks, he just cant say it.
  19. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,104 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    Romo is the only constant on this team since he took over in 06. His ratings are constantly mid 90's and better. I think Emmit Smiths term of being a diamond surrounded by crap is pretty damn true in Romo's case unfortunately.
  20. Ring Leader

Ring Leader Active Member

870 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    Wow, this is like tugging on Superman's cape in here. :rolleyes: