1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Garrett is in denial about how mediocre our offense & QB are

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Awakened, Nov 12, 2012.

1. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,541 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Sort of like how the majority of Cowboys fans are in denial about Garrett as our future head coach? Ironic
  2. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,285 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    They should stamp on forehead of every cowboy player - "1 playoff win in 14 years'. Until that changes....coaches shouldn't be calling anyone or anything outstanding until there is marginal success past regular season.
  3. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,285 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    That might be the best analyst I have read on Romo in 10 years he has been with cowboys.
  4. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,224 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    And he and his peers get a free pass.
  5. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    The oline isnt even mediocre. They are just plain bad.
  6. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Romo has a lifetime QB rating of 3rd in NFL history. The only thing doofus is your analysis of Romo. It doesnt take a genius to see that Romo has been surrounded by incompetence in RB's, Oline, coaching, receivers, and defensive play throughout what has been a stellar career.

He has been failed by his team.
  7. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wrong. Romo is totally part of the problem. He has overthrown so many wr's this year. What games are you watching?
  8. Lifetimeboyzfan

Lifetimeboyzfan Active Member

1,105 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    This, at best.
  9. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,647 Messages
    4,524 Likes Received
    He really has overthrown more open receivers than I ever remember seeing. Especially on routes where he's throwing across his body to his left. Not sure what it is at this point, but it's getting to where I cringe when he goes that direction on third down.
  10. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I cringe every time it's 3rd down, and nobody's in the backfield.
  11. Idgit

28,647 Messages
    4,524 Likes Received
    I'm not at that point, but the 3rd and longs are killing us. You know once you're in that situation that things don't look good.
  12. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Actually Garrett, nice way to shift the onus on the QB. Don't worry, we know Romo is getting it done, it's you we have an issue with.
  13. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What is with this obsession with Eli Manning in respect to Romo. Eli won 2 SBs, and last season he was playing MVP ball, meaning if he has a bad streak of games, it's not the same thing. Eli has taken his team to the promises land and won and you can't win a SB every year. If Romo had won a SB, then they wouldn't be harping on Romo not getting it done.
  14. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,716 Messages
    432 Likes Received
    My guess is he has a sub-90 IQ (not kidding) which makes it hard for him to process information.
  15. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sort of like how the majority of Garrett homers are in denial about how awful a head coach and playcaller he actually is...
  16. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Do you think 3rd and longs is a new problem the Cowboys offense has been facing? If you really want to know how bad it's been since Garrett's been here, I suggest you actually go back and look at the statistics for drives for the Cowboys in respect to 3rd and longs even before this year...
  17. Idgit

28,647 Messages
    4,524 Likes Received
    So...you're unhappy with our success rate on third and longs. And this is a Garrett-thing, huh? Good to know. I'll go back and look that up so next time, I'll know.
  18. rickjameschinaclub

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Actually, let me correct your understanding. I'm actually telling you to go back and analyze how many times this offense is put in situations of 3rd and long, not the success rate on 3rd and longs... There's nothing new here in reality.. Welcome to Jason Garrett's offense...
  19. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,245 Messages
    1,831 Likes Received
    I'd say he was very consistent last season....maybe 3 bad games out of 16. Extremely hard to do better that. Almost impossible, unless you are 2011 Aaron Rodgers.

It's been harder to defend him early this season, but looking over his entire career (and not just select games) this year is an outlier. He now has 2 1/2 games running of decent ball behind him and my guess is that including that time period and going forward, we'll see him be very consistnet the rest of the year. Even then, that would be 9 or 10 games, so if he had even 2 bad games left (hope not) that would be much better than most QBs.

For example, here are the QB rating for Eli Manning over the last 4 games:
    56, 41, 58, 79.
    Yes, I used Eli again. But that is a complement to him to be used as a standard bearer. Not an insult.

My guess is that Romo has never strung 4 straight games of that poor of play in his entire career. My guess is he's never had more than 2 in a row.
  20. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

1,887 Messages
    404 Likes Received
    That's all fine and good, I'm saying Eli is not getting it done this year and he's not. If you want to say Romo isn't either that's fine too but there is no comeback for that - none and I don't care what he's done.

And by the way, of the "Elite" QB's and I define them as Brady, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, none of them have EVER had a four game stretch like he's had. He has been terrible. Season's not over yet so we'll see.