1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Garrett PC and Practice Tweets- 10/31/12

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 31, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,140 Messages
    6,922 Likes Received
  2. WoodysGirl

67,140 Messages
    6,922 Likes Received
    Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr
    DeMarco Murray is not expected to practice today but the Cowboys are hopeful about Dan Connor practicing and playing

Jason Witten is four catches away from passing michael Irvin as the team's all-time leading receiver. Witten will have the record but he is no michael irvin

Jason Garrett said Witten is a definite candidate for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He certainly will have the numbers to support his candidacy. Atlanta's Tony Gonzalez is still the current standard bearer, maybe all-time, and will go in first whenever he quits. then it will be witten against Gates

Jason Garrett said he is not surprised Tony Gonzalez is still playing at a high level, says he may be the best tight end all time

The only hole in Witten's game is his inability to get in the end zone. He has 51 catches this season and only one td
  3. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,566 Messages
    2,947 Likes Received
    Clarence Hill is garbage.
  4. WoodysGirl

67,140 Messages
    6,922 Likes Received
    Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr
    The last two times the cowboys faced a team 7-0 and better since the Tony Romo era started they have prevailed. They beat the 9-0 Colts in 2006 and the 13-0 Saints in 2009. They face the 7-0 Falcons on Sunday.
  5. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,862 Messages
    1,675 Likes Received
    Seriously? I am sooo glad he cleared up the confusion. People are always confusing tight-ends with wide-receivers these days. At least we have the media to set us straight!

#reality
  6. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,247 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    "Jason Garrett on Tony Romo: "I have a lot of confidence in him. The team has a lot of confidence in him."

LIES!
  7. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I totall agree. Clarence is one of the biggest no-talent hacks reporting these days.
  8. garrett316

garrett316 5 against 1 Zone Supporter

2,600 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    Funny, but when Kristi Scales asked Garrett if Witten and Irvin are similar, Garrett went on and on about just how similar they are : great players, great work ethic, respected by everyone - their coaches, their teammates, their opponenets.

I doubt Clarence Hill is respected by anyone outside of his own Mother. What a cheap comment.
  9. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I can argue Witt is just as good and even better than Irvin and will be for some time to come.

But he is correct in that Witten doesnt...

Do Drugs

Go to Jail

Bang around on his wife

True...Witt def ain't no Michael Irvin.
  10. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Actually Garrett, that's a hole in your offensive play-calling... You don't put the ball in the end-zone, as is evidenced by continuing decline in red-zone production. Must be Witten's fault...
  11. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No, he's not... Don't forget that Witten hasn't sniffed a league where DBs could wrestle with receivers and TE...

And further, if Novacek started his career with the Cowboys and Aikman and didn't have the back issue, I seriously think he would have gone down as the greatest TO the Cowboys had.
  12. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,979 Messages
    1,049 Likes Received

No, he is the bacteria that feeds on the decomposing garbage.
  13. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,600 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    How can you compare Witten and Irvin?

Witten is a classic TE who catches and blocks.

Irvin was the prototypical possession receiver.

Very different positions
  14. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,862 Messages
    1,675 Likes Received
    You bring us logic?!?! Logic?!?! How dare you!?! Heresy! Heresy! :D

#reality
  15. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    name a few of those MANY categories
  16. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

5,021 Messages
    597 Likes Received
    only need to name one....LEADERSHIP....Irvin was THE soul of those teams...if you don't recognize that...it's because we have not seen that around here in over 15 years. Fans that defend the slop we are fed season after season are just as comical as the person running this circus act in Dallas.
  17. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received

Too much common sense going on with this post, you've obviously never been in the army.
  18. WoodysGirl

67,140 Messages
    6,922 Likes Received
    Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota
    Stephen Jones: Doug Free is getting better. "Hes been moved around a lot. Hes learning under a new coach. I think hes going to be all right"

Will the Cowboys be active at the trade deadline? Cowboys executive VP Stephen Jones: "I don't think so."

Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins
    No DeMarco Murray misses practice. Chillin with his adidas

Dez Bryant with his sore hip is also missing in action.

Jason Hatcher is out too, has a leg contusion.

Todd Archer ‏@toddarcher
    No DeMarco Murray, Dez Bryant or Jason Hatcher at practice.

Dan Connor not practicing either with the stinger.

Sean Lissemore, Phil Costa and Matt Johnson not practicing. Scratch them for Sunday already

Jason Witten has a sleeve on left leg but practicing.

Cowboys in shoulder pads and shorts for practice
  19. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,131 Messages
    1,394 Likes Received
    Thank you.
  20. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    why do you only need to name one? you claimed there were MANY, so I asked you to name just a few.

I love Irvin. I know he was the soul of those teams. However, I have seen nothing from Witten that would make me believe he is not an outstanding leader. And, again, none of this actually has anything to do with the question that I asked.