1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Garrett PC, Stephen Jones Interview, and Practice Tweets - 11/1/12

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 1, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,622 Messages
    4,710 Likes Received
    Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota
    Stephen Jones on Witten: "He's been paid twice and that doesn't affect him. He keeps working hard. He deserves every penny he's ever made."
  2. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,864 Messages
    449 Likes Received
    Hilarious!
  3. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Tie? Please! Romo has at least had winning seasons, multiple playoff appearances and a playoff win. This is all before Dez stepped foot in the NFL. Once Dez got here medocrity set in along wit inconsistency among the receivers, and 2 of the top 3 - Witten and Austin - were with Romo whe he had this success. The only thing tied is the Cowboys offense, as in tied down with Bryant holding the rope.
  4. chip_gilkey

chip_gilkey Active Member

2,558 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    How much longer is witten under contract?
  5. AMERICAS_FAN

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Something tells me the answer is - until Romo retires. Witten will never hit the open market folks.
  6. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,622 Messages
    4,710 Likes Received
    He was extended through 2017.

Five more years..
  7. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,374 Messages
    1,999 Likes Received

:bow:

exactly

but..but..but he gives the best PC in the world :rolleyes:
  8. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,374 Messages
    1,999 Likes Received
    he is learning from the best

the apple doesnt fall far from the tree
  9. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't get your logic:

If that's the case, it doesn't make Garrett look good, it makes him look like an idiot for trying to target Dez and Kevin the whole time, until Romo told him to essentially stop..
  10. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

76,163 Messages
    2,298 Likes Received
    Being a leader has nothing to do with hollering and screaming. Hell I guess Landry was no leader, he did not have to act like a clown on the sidelines no coach does. I have nothing against vocal coaches that is who they are it is not an act, I also have nothing against Coaches like Dungy or others who were not animated on the sideline. That is not what leadership is about.

What Garrett is to put on a show for fans?
  11. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This was also before JG became head coach...
  12. MoClaiborne24

MoClaiborne24 Member

456 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What's new? :rolleyes:
  13. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,731 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    First, I did not mention hollering and screaming in that post.

Second, I'm tired of people bringing up Landry when discussing Garrett. Besides, Landry was antimated when he needed to be. Remember, .. "No, Danny No!!"

Even Landry had a different demeanor when they were performing well -vs- performing poorly.

I think a HC needs to have some emotion, some passion that the players can feed off of. He has to show approval and disapproval differently.

Everything is all good all of the time for JG.
  14. Doomsday101

76,163 Messages
    2,298 Likes Received
    and Garrett does show emotions. People are not clones nor are coaches. How you would act and how someone else acts has nothing to do with leadership and it gets old hearing the BS of how a coach should act on the sideline.

Garrett will keep or lose his job like any coach based on his production. he is in his 2nd season as HC and most teams will give a coach more than 2 fricken years to do the job. I know after several years of not having the success people want that, people get impatient but fact remains teams have to give coaches the time to do the job.

You are not on the sidelines you have no clue as to what he saying to any player you get a 5 sec shot and you know? :laugh2: Give me a break
  15. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,015 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    When JG says we need to "work on" cutting down on our penalties, which have cost us at least 2 games this year, why doesn't anyone ask him what exactly are they "working on" or how they plan on doing it?

I get so sick of hearing this and not seeing the results.
  16. Doomsday101

76,163 Messages
    2,298 Likes Received
    well we had 3 penalties in the last game. There was not a lot jumping off sideds by the OL or holding despite facing a very good defensive front. Evidently they did something right.
  17. AMERICAS_FAN

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nice try, but Garrett was the play caller then also, and that's the part of his role now that everyone wants to hang him for.

(swing and a miss)
  18. WV Cowboy

10,731 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    And once again, you see things in my post that are not there.

I never mentioned that I want to get rid of Garrett, or think he should be replaced.

Although after 31 games I feel we should be seeing less foolishness on game day.
  19. Doomsday101

76,163 Messages
    2,298 Likes Received
    Then grade him on that, but his demeanor? You see 5 to 10 sec shot on the sideline so people do not know what he is saying to players. People make up their own BS and try to sell it as fact when the truth is none of us are down there and none of us know what is being said or relayed to the players.

I'm not giving Garrett a free pass of any kind. I give him the same courtesy as I would any coach and that is time. You hire a coach then at least give him time to do the job and in my book 2 years is not enough
  20. WV Cowboy

10,731 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    I do grade his coaching on his W/L record. I grade his leadership on what I see from him as he interacts with players.

It's not just one 5 to 10 second shot.

When I watch the games, I see our coach and the other teams coach. I have watched him for two seasons.

I see both coaches when I watch other pro games.

I see both coaches when I watch college games.

You can tell a lot about a coach's demeanor and interaction with his players.

And once again, I'm not calling for his head. Not sure why you keep bringing that up with me.