1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Gary Kubiak as OC

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by supercowboy8, Nov 16, 2013.

1. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,201 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    I doubt the guy gets fired after this year due to his health and really his first bad year, but let say he does. I think he would be a great OC here. Garrett stays a head coach but just brings Kubiak in as OC and play caller and move Callahan back to OL coach.
  2. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

2,982 Messages
    532 Likes Received
    Your thread had me intrigued until I read the bolded part.
  3. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,389 Messages
    1,196 Likes Received
    1. no
    2. no
    3. no
  4. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,665 Messages
    666 Likes Received
    Possibly, but it would be a demotion for Callahan, since he's been the OC (at least in title) since he's been here. Doubt that would sit well with him. I'd just let him go, and make Pollack the head OL coach.
  5. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,777 Messages
    532 Likes Received
    Any scenario for next year where Garrett is still the head coach is not one I would subscribe to.
  6. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,666 Messages
    2,390 Likes Received
    LOL, exactly. It's like he's been here so long, people have forgotten that the franchise can function without him.

Have wanted Romo to play in that system for years, though. It makes Matt Schaub and Case Keenum look like they can play.
    khiladi likes this.
  7. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,939 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    I think Kubiak would be offended to be an assistant to Jason Garrett. Kubiak has a way better resume than JG.
  8. DOUBLE WING

DOUBLE WING Well-Known Member

2,982 Messages
    532 Likes Received
    People here are suffering from Jerry-syndrome. They so badly want to surround Garrett with enough pieces to make it look like he's a competent head coach.

Eventually we're going to get to the point where someone suggests Garrett still stands on the sidelines, but no longer wears a headset and has any input on what is going on offensively or defensively. He just walks around clapping and patting people on the butt. A new kind of "walkaround coach."
    khiladi and dupree89 like this.
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,716 Messages
    3,220 Likes Received
  10. Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635 Well-Known Member

750 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    How about we just hire a real OC and HC. If Jerry is hell-bent on keeping JG, maybe he can be the coach in charge of post-game press conferences. I know many on this board thought he did a good job doing that. Ginger Clap can still go talking about stacking good days, assuming he has two good days in a row, he can prattle on about "the Process", how making the players dress nice has changed the culture and improved this team and of course repeat every football cliche in the book. That would keep him busy and leave the coaching to real coaches.
  11. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,201 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    Look people. It's not that I want to keep Garrett as HC, I'm just convinced Jerry isn't going to fire him.

Kubiak is a good OC and play caller and Jerry can spend as much money on coaches as he wants. Rome would thrive in this system and we would finally have a run game again. Jerry will keep Garrett here no matter what. He will use injuries and Kiffin as an excuse.

If we can't get ride of Garrett then let's get a better offense at least and Kubiak would bring that.
    mahoneybill likes this.
  12. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,465 Messages
    1,436 Likes Received
    Kubiak and Garrett?? Kill me now. Yall think we bag on Jason a lot, Kubiak gets the same amount of negativity for much of the same reasons. He has a boring and predictable offense, as they say here in Houston. The only reason their offense resembles a decent one is their run game, which we don't have.

Pass for me and just clean our own house out if need be.
  13. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

1,837 Messages
    996 Likes Received
    Whoever Jerry brings in as offensive coordinator, I'm sure it we be a nobody. He wouldnt want his boy Jason to feel threatened as he continues on with the process.
  14. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,288 Messages
    2,024 Likes Received
    You are reading my mind dude.
    tecolote likes this.
  15. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,288 Messages
    2,024 Likes Received
    If you think its bad now................................wait till we lose to the G-spots.
  16. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,886 Messages
    3,829 Likes Received
    Leave my boy Case alone!! He set NCAA records, ya know. :cool:
  17. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,716 Messages
    3,220 Likes Received
    I'm starting him over Brady and Ryan tomorrow.
  18. dcstands4

dcstands4 Active Member

652 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    How is winning nothing a better resume than winning nothing?
  19. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,465 Messages
    1,436 Likes Received
    Good move, I dropped Ryan three weeks ago.
  20. dcstands4

dcstands4 Active Member

652 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    So did Graham Harrell