1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

Gavin Escobar returned to practice

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Galian Beast, Aug 19, 2014.

1. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

18,222 Messages
    3,750 Likes Received
    The problem is that when he is telling us 'I'm always right' its always in defense of some negative outcome that he is predicting. It's the same round and round and as a mod i get that you have to deal with it but it is a tired tired act. Same gross generalizations different day.
    5Stars, casmith07 and Idgit like this.
  2. Floaty

Floaty Well-Known Member

1,637 Messages
    621 Likes Received
    Nail on the head...and props!!!!!
  3. Floaty

Floaty Well-Known Member

1,637 Messages
    621 Likes Received
    Sometimes....you miss.

I admit...Didn't see that pick coming even though I follow the draft like no other...I had us taking WR Justin Hunter in my mock
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

33,017 Messages
    2,531 Likes Received
    He may be but as long as he can't block any time he comes on the field he may as well carry a giant flag telling the defense to substitute and matchup on him for coverage.

He has to be able to block or else he won't get the respect from DC's that is necessary to create those favorable matchups. Otherwise he's just a big receiver, and a slow one at that.

OT: You in Boise? See coach P pretty much went turncoat and voted against the power conferences playing against small schools?
  5. Hoofbite

33,017 Messages
    2,531 Likes Received
    Hey, posting records are serious business.
  6. Hoofbite

33,017 Messages
    2,531 Likes Received
    And some were unhappy not because of player or lack of attention to other areas, but primarily because of the team's history of being incapable when it comes to utilizing the #2 TE effectively.
  7. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Village Idiot

4,760 Messages
    2,495 Likes Received
    Nice to see a player sack up and make it back out there.
    Floaty, dogunwo and Screw The Hall like this.
  8. Screw The Hall

Screw The Hall Well-Known Member

2,156 Messages
    186 Likes Received
    I was starting to believe it was against the law or something.
  9. Hoofbite

33,017 Messages
    2,531 Likes Received
    It always seems easier when there's a guy at your position you split snaps with who's out there making plays.
  10. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,972 Messages
    864 Likes Received
    Escobar is on track for a big year. Let's hope his shoulder cooperates with that prospect. Everything else seems to point to his successful 2014 season. The team's success, both offensively and defensively, will also depend upon better health entering the picture this season. The organization is apparently bending over backwards to make player health a reality. I pray they succeed.
  11. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

28,064 Messages
    3,400 Likes Received
    Of course!
  12. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Village Idiot

4,760 Messages
    2,495 Likes Received
    When has he ever gotten behind a safety, besides that one busted coverage last year?
  13. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

18,222 Messages
    3,750 Likes Received
    I am talking about getting behind Elam in Baltimore. The game we just played. Flag and deep in, and deep out are what I have seen so far. Slant as well but that wasn't deep.

He is 4 of 5 84 yards. That is 17 ypa. Getting open deep has been a theme of his catches.
  14. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,277 Messages
    621 Likes Received
    That kid is going to be a stud.
    Floaty likes this.
  15. Floaty

Floaty Well-Known Member

1,637 Messages
    621 Likes Received
    Yup...in Boise. Coach Pete has pissed some people off by stealing our committed recruits as well and taking them up to UW. I really don't blame the kids though..they signed up to play for coach Pete...not BSU. And I don't get it.. him voting against the power conferences playing against small schools. If anything...he should be leading the parade for the small teams to get a fair shot. All I can think is he must be burned out trying to persuade the NCAA to give in.
  16. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing

4,670 Messages
    1,800 Likes Received
    I'll own up, thought he was too slow. Wanted D, and still do but will embrace him now most definitely and only gripe last season was that the team didn't line him up wide...I mean if he can't block?
    Denim Chicken likes this.