1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: GCOBB: The Dallas Cowboys Are Still Dangerous

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Juke99, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    The Dallas Cowboys Are Still Dangerous

This Sunday, the Eagles will take on the Dallas Cowboys. To call it a must win is almost cliche- in the NFL, every game is a must win- especially this late in the season. The game became even more important when every team the Eagles needed to lose won on Sunday, keeping the pressure on the Birds. A loss this Sunday, combined with a win by the Giants, would knock the Eagles out of first place in the NFC East. With the two wild card teams in the NFC right now having 9-3 and 8-4 records, a loss could also knock the Eagles out of the playoffs all together.

A few weeks ago it would have been easy to mark this one down in the win column, but after the Cowboys impressive win in Indianapolis this past weekend, many fans now fear that the Cowboys are back, here to ruin the Eagles playoff run.

read more... http://www.gcobb.com/2010/12/08/the-dallas-cowboys-are-still-dangerous/
  2. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,745 Messages
    3,936 Likes Received
    I don't see this game getting ugly for the Eagles although it could happen.
  3. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,264 Messages
    1,489 Likes Received
    This will be a very tough game for Dallas to win. Eagles and Vick are playing very well. Even though Dallas is playing better, even with all the injuries. I think Dez would have been a big difference in this game. Now that is a big weapon gone.

I think our offense can still move the ball, but very concerned over our defense.
  4. sago1

sago1 Active Member

7,789 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    During first halfof season we didn't get any breaks--making lots of mistakes/ penalties. We are going to need a lot of luck-- with every player doing their absolute best. We've got 4 games left with our best chances to win coming against the Cards & Skins.

But I really hate the Eagles & Reid, so I desperately want the Cowboys to beat the Eagles at least once in our 2 remaining games against them. Since Sunday's game is nationally televised, this is the game I want to win--even if we win more games on the road then at home.

Realize this will be tough, but at least I hope our team plays it's heart out and fights the entire game. Sure would love to see Reid & his team on the sidelines with only 2 seconds left in the game & we've got the ball. I don't want anything for Christmas. Beating the Eagles Sunday is the only thng I want; we can't let them swipe the series this year.
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,679 Messages
    6,439 Likes Received
    I don't like the matchups in this game for us, but I do think the Eagles as a whole are overrated. They're not as good as the Saints, and are probably on par with the Colts, or with the Giants in NY. I expect a close game that could go either way. Leaning towards Cowboys in this one, though.

Playing them in PHI is another matter. I hope when we go in there in Jan, their playoff berth is on the line. Otherwise, that's a really tough game for us to win.
  6. ringmaster

ringmaster Well-Known Member

1,750 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    This writer is making the Eagles, even more overrated even saying that the Cowboys aren't good enough to beat them and saying the teams the Cowboys beaten since Garrett took over handed them the wins via turnovers well duh!!!! Mr. Parks this is football remember.

The Cowboys defense is suspect and I do expect the Eagles, to score points but what the writer failed to mention is that the Eagles defense isn't a world beater either and the Cowboys offense will roast them too so if they play like they did in the last 5 games on offense the Eagles D are in for a long night in Arlington.
  7. vaturkey

vaturkey Active Member

403 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Not sure how you do that right now, but we need to keep him in the pocket and collapse it from the middle. Ratliff needs to play like a man with a bad rash on his privates. :starspin
  8. Aliencowboy

Aliencowboy Active Member

611 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    31st in the league with points given up.
    Last in Sacks. What happened?

Dallas needs a true NT on the defense. Move Rat to DE where he belongs.
    This will free up the LBs.

Newman has been toasted all year. CB or S are needed with the first round pick.
  9. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,679 Messages
    6,439 Likes Received
    Yeah. Vick doesn't turn the ball over, though. He makes it a tough matchup for us. We just can't make any mistakes, and we'll need to get him in third and longs. It's a week where it'd be really nice to get a big play on STs. Unfortunately, we lost Dez, so it's on McCann.
  10. ringmaster

ringmaster Well-Known Member

1,750 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Vick will be a tough matchup problem for the D no doubt and this is the best I've seen Vick play he is the straw that stirs the drink for the Philly offense.

That will be the key for the Cowboys offense not to make any mistakes against the Eagles, and if they don't then the Eagles D will be in a tough spot all game long rest assured this will be a tough game for both teams.

Yes the loss of Dez Bryant will hurt the ST and McCann, will have to carry the slack.

I for one don't want to see Dez next season returning kickoffs, or punts being that he will be an intergral part of the offense that's an injury that could be avoided in the future by drafting someone that is suited for that ST role as a returner a Dante Hall, or Devin Hester type guy.