1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Geno Smith vs. Ryan Nassib - New Era Pinstripe Bowl

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by IAmLegend, Dec 29, 2012.

1. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

4,266 Messages
    1,339 Likes Received
    New Era Pinstripe Bowl on ESPN right now. West Virginia vs. Syracuse. Both QB's are projected to be day 1-2 draft picks. Could you guys see Dallas taking a serious look at either of these guys? Geno Smith is my favorite QB in the draft, and has been projected as the #1 overall pick for a while, but I think that'd be a reach and I could see him falling a little bit, although I'd be shocked is slips past Buffalo around the #11 pick. Everything I've heard about Nassib is that he's moving up draft boards. Good size, strong arm, good mechanics, quick release, and above average athleticism. I could see him being taken in the 2nd-3rd round. What do you guys think? Do you think they should or do you like either of these guys as a developmental QB behind Romo for a couple years?

[IMG] [IMG]
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,667 Messages
    1,487 Likes Received
    Geno and WVU team mates decided to ship the game and ddint tell anybody.
  3. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Geno sucks. NFL bust in the making.
  4. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,670 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Sucks to be the Chiefs and have the #1 pick when they desperately need a QB.

Not a single QB is worthy of the top pick.
  5. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,342 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Can't believe we won't see Barkley, Wilson or Bray in a bowl game. This game was ugly so it's looking like Landry Jones can get back in the race if he performs well in the Cotton Bowl :eek:

Geno should go to the Raiders...probably the best situation for him. If Arizona could fix their OLine then he'd be a great fit there but right now, no way.
  6. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Nassib
  7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,667 Messages
    1,487 Likes Received
    Nassib has guns like an LB.
  8. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,667 Messages
    1,487 Likes Received
    WVU has been in free fall since the K State game, like a shot fighter.
  9. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,366 Messages
    1,395 Likes Received
    I think Nassib would be a nice pick for us in the 4th round. Good arm, mobile, lots of starts, pretty accurate. Runs a pro style offense. Runs the hurry up. He needs time on the bench for 2 years before he's really ready to start.

YR
  10. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

8,126 Messages
    616 Likes Received
    It could easily be argued that there's not a single QB in the draft this year worthy of a first round pick.

The Chiefs would be nuts to take Smith #1.