1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

George Zimmerman charged with 2nd degree murder of Trayvon Martin **Read Post #142**

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 11, 2012.

1. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,235 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    That D.A. is sooo self promoting
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

63,102 Messages
    6,409 Likes Received
    I am not a trained investigator, I am not a cop, I am not a neighborhood watchman, I am not a prosecutor, I am not a judge....I am just a person with an opinion that does not mesh with yours but I am also not going to trot out that innocent until proven guilty line for ALL cases.

Nor are you a federal prosecutor...yet you seem to know what some will or will not do. :D
  3. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

28,006 Messages
    3,369 Likes Received
    You're not paying attention.

There IS an official Black Panther Party. They are historical, back to 1966.

The "New Black Panthers" are in no way affiliated with the other group. They are attempting to capitalize on the name in an attempt to do who knows what, but it's certainly not their mission to do exactly what is stated above.

You're coming off as extremely close-minded right now. It's not a good look for you.
  4. casmith07

28,006 Messages
    3,369 Likes Received
  5. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Let's not pretend that violence hasnt always been a staple of the Black Panthers. It was founded as an aggressive militant group which clashed with law enforcement on a regular basis in the 60s and 70s and were responsible for numerous deaths in cities such as Oakland and San Francisco. They were denounced by many civil rights acitivists in the late 60s and mainstream black Americans had disowned them by the late 70s.

The only difference between the real black panthers and these "new" black panthers is national relevancy.
  6. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Everything is everything... Staff Member

68,980 Messages
    9,384 Likes Received
    What can I say? I'm a glass half-full kinda gal. :)

I don't do negativity well, so I don't dwell on it.
  7. casmith07

28,006 Messages
    3,369 Likes Received
    Send some of that my way - I need to use it to get myself on the WG Path to Success.
  8. BrAinPaiNt

63,102 Messages
    6,409 Likes Received
    Let's not pretend you completely missed what he posted and decided to act like he posted that the black panther party was never violent. Instead of him explaining that the new black panther party has NOTHING to do with the old.
  9. casmith07

28,006 Messages
    3,369 Likes Received
    Missed or deliberately overlooked?
  10. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The point is there is no inherent difference, it's just that fewer people care now. They were a detriment to society then, they are a less significant detriment now.
  11. BrAinPaiNt

63,102 Messages
    6,409 Likes Received
    No...that was not the point he was making...that is the point you were trying to make in arguing a point he never made.
  12. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    LOL!

Geez.
  13. BrAinPaiNt

63,102 Messages
    6,409 Likes Received
    Deliberately overlooked without a doubt...and I think we both know why.
  14. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    WTH difference does it make if they are the old guys trying to get onto heaven now or new black panthers? They still put a bounty on his head.

Talk about being closed minded. That suit seems to fit you right now.
  15. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What you posted was ideologically false, the "New Black Panthers" are using the same blueprint that was used until the original movement fell apart in the 80s.

Painting EITHER group as anything less than a societal cancer or that one is appreciably different from the other is simply wrong.
  16. casmith07

28,006 Messages
    3,369 Likes Received
    Deliberately overlooked, as I thought. Next.
  17. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Again, does it really matter? It's their name. So what. They are who they are. They are nationwide. It's not a couple of guys in a garage somewhere.
  18. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

You've spent years insinuating that I'm some sort of a racist then play dumb when called on it, and it never ceases to amuse me. It's funny considering you've closed threads and banned posters for doing the same.

Keep it civil, huh?
  19. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I've been accused of it as well. Some people need to seriously look in the mirror. I don't sweat it anymore. It used to really tick me off. But I know who I am and who my friends are and what I support. So it doesn't mean anything to me.
  20. casmith07

28,006 Messages
    3,369 Likes Received
    Of course it matters. Just like flying a Confederate flag is what it is, right?