1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Gerald Sensabaugh

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,462 Messages
    6,029 Likes Received
    Lots of whiffs from him yesterday. Does anybody actually like this guy?
  2. IheartRomo

IheartRomo Member

512 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Has there ever been a quieter year from a safety? I barely recall even hearing his name called this season, either good or bad.
  3. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,914 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    McCray is out playing him so far. Sensy has been bumming it up
  4. anava

anava Well-Known Member

1,586 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    Was it Sensy that went and covered no one on the long TD pass?
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,751 Messages
    10,046 Likes Received
    I can't stand him. He can make plays in coverage here and there but he's the least physical starting S I've ever seen. Just a zero presence. Nobody fears crossing the middle of our defense.

That was an embarrassing effort to tackle Celek at the start of the game.
  6. D29Murray

D29Murray New Member

378 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Allowing only 182 yards this whole season? I don't care.

He's got 6 MTs this season, but he could be like Michael Griffin from Tennessee and have 16.

Honestly he's tied for 5th fewest in the league among starters.

We've got other issues to worry about. QB pressure, for starters.
  7. D29Murray

D29Murray New Member

378 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Nope. That was Peprah. He admitted to it after the game.
  8. Yoshimitsu

Yoshimitsu Lurch

2,133 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    Free safeties aren't usually physically imposing. They are more coverage oriented. Also he doesn't shy away from contact and his size limits from him ever being a punishing tackler. He can lay out Cruz but he will never lay out a big tight end. This team truly misses the physicality of Barry Church. He was that hard hitter in the back end.
  9. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,462 Messages
    6,029 Likes Received
    He tackles like he's scared to leave his feet. Celek attempt was a prime example. Just grab, grab, grab.
  10. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,664 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    When Ken Hamlin in '07 was the best S you've had in almost a decade, that's a problem.
  11. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,508 Messages
    873 Likes Received
    He's terrible. I got ragged for tellin people he sucked.

People on here graded him as a 75-80 in the offseason! Hahahahaha. Good one
  12. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,108 Messages
    4,580 Likes Received
    He isn't a good tackler. He's marginal to adequate. He would be a little better with a better sidekick but then he'd be the weak link. We are marginally marginal to substandard at safety right now.

And to another poster yes we need more pressure. I'm not sure where you're going to get that. We blitzed off the corner and failed. We blitzed up the middle and failed. We didn't get much pressure with our base package.

But give the rookie his due. He actually played very well and made us pay on one failed blitz, made some reads, and didn't panic. Pretty damn good for his first time in action IMO.
  13. Stinger_Splash

Stinger_Splash Active Member

428 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    He sucks no question.
  14. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,186 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    lol, this is what gets me about fans. I rarely agree with you, but do respect your opinions (you are likely right more often than me) but there was a play just yesterday where Maclin made no attempt to catch a pass because Sensabaugh was in striking range.

I garuntee you could find it on youtube with out too much work.
  15. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,334 Messages
    229 Likes Received
  16. D29Murray

D29Murray New Member

378 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nothing we can do about it now. Lissemore being back will help... but there goes Koleman (> Spears).

Gotta draft a hog next year.
  17. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,186 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    15 or so days ago against the Giants Victor Cruz noticed him

[youtube]fyJigqa7eI[/youtube]

and 1 day ago against the Eagles, Maclin noticed him

(still looking for video)
  18. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,552 Messages
    1,813 Likes Received
    Sensi is a pretty solid player. I think he'd be actually a bit better as more of a SS, even if he's not a great tackler. What he's not, is a big time playmaker. He'd look at lot better if he wasn't playing next to Danny McCray or whoever.

I think playmaker at safety is a real need this year in the draft...and I think this is a good year for them. I'd be surprised if someone like Rambo, Reid, or whoever, doesn't end up in a Cowboys uniform.
  19. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

877 Messages
    198 Likes Received
    I agree, he'll hit if it's a receiver and he has the leverage but if it's a FB, TE or RB he can't take his own skirt off.
    Another major JJ signing error.
  20. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,965 Messages
    1,277 Likes Received
    I'd have much preferred him if Church had stayed healthy. Sensabaugh excels in man coverage but is pretty crappy in zone. He doesn't diagnose very well and that reduces his range/recovery.

While I feel he may be slightly faster than Church, I could see a gameplan where you have church playing a somewhat deep to mid zone with lee and/or carter patrolling the seam, and putting sensabaugh to either man up on a TE or bracket a good receiver.

Right now we get in trouble because McCray is an even worse single high safety than Sensabaugh so we are playing to keep them out of trouble.

Put another way; Church being out is severely hampering our gameplan or even our ability to generate pressure right now because we can't get the coverage we would prefer.