1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Gerald sensabaugh ??

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Pessimist_cowboy, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

1,295 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    How is this guy brought back year after year ? 0 ints 0 sacks 2 pass defense in 16 games . He is just terrible . He is so bad I think frampton should start over him next year . Guy makes 0 plays he is terrible . What does the coaching staff see on film ? I see a guy constantly taking bad angles , and constantly being burned .:bang2:
  2. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,728 Messages
    973 Likes Received
    Because we have other glaring needs.
  3. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
  4. BanditHiro

BanditHiro Well-Known Member

2,032 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    fix the D-Line and our safety issues will magically fix themselves.
  5. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

5,650 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    I personally would rather get a playmaker on the defensive line or draft a linemen before I look at safety but that's just me.
  6. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,104 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    With a healthy Bruce Carter-Sean Lee lurking in the middle of the field & hopefully an improved Claiborne & Carr, honestly it shouldn't matter who is back there.. Must improve the d-line! Sign Andy Levitre and draft d-line 1st round
  7. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,592 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    Consistently good defenses year after year have talent at the safety position, and we basically don't have any safeties with pedigree or that other teams would seek out to play for them. All we have are hopes and prayers back there, along with a bunch of trash.

The talent has to be upgraded or we will continue to wonder why we can never hold onto leads. Added pressure would be good, but we had 2 double digit sackers this year and still didn't do us any good. We need to support the CBs we have invested in, and right now they have no support whatsoever.
  8. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,104 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Vacarro is a beast and is a very solid tackler + he can cover plenty of ground.. I know people hate the UT connection, but he is a football player.. If you reach in the 1st at 18, he might be the guy to go after. I just think they go d-line... Jordan/Hawkins/Richardson/Okafor/Montgomery
  9. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,092 Messages
    1,156 Likes Received
    But, we have the great Matt Johnson in waiting. No need for a safety :liarliar:

I agree that the def line needs major work, but a play-making safety is a must. I, along with most, don't know what Johnson can deliver on gameday. We need a safety badly, FA or draft one, either is fine.
  10. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,036 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    Is that stat line actually true? Holy freaking crap.

I knew Sensi had a bad year, but WOW. Just wow.
  11. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,634 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    True, but the same thing was said about the cornerbacks last year, and no D-line help was brought in.
  12. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,036 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    Guys like Sensi, Free, and Orlando Scandrick must go home at night and just laugh themselves to sleep.

Any other city in the NFL and Sensi is basically fighting for a roster spot year after year. He comes to Dallas and starts for, what, 4 years running now (and more than likely five next year?)

Free probably figured he'd be an NFL back up for a few years and then go sell insurance or something, Jerry gives him a 20 million dollar contract.

JAG city baby.
  13. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,592 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    The worse thing about Sensy is he is on a downward spiral, getting worse and worse. Now thats fine for a good player cause a decrease in play at least will have him mediocre, but a decrease for an already mediocre player is a disaster.

Sensy will be 30 next season. All this complaining about 30 year old players on this team that are actually still good makes me laugh when you look at Sensy. I would rather have a 30 something Ware, TRat, or pretty much anyone else other than Sensy.

A 30 year old sucky DB and people wanna keep him around.....you got to be kidding me.
  14. JerryFan

JerryFan Active Member

1,243 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    No they won't. Our safety play is BAD. Sensabaugh hasn't defended the pass or tackled worth a crap. I wouldn't be against getting rid of him.
  15. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus

4,299 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    This. As bad as the loss sucked, I really would've hated watching the disaster next week. A crippled, joke of a D plus our top 3 WRs injured. This team was going nowhere. At least we have a better draft position where we'll have a better chance of shoring up the DL and OL. The healthy return of our defense next year plus a couple of offseason improvements in the trenches and we are poised to have a very good team next year IMO.
  16. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,275 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    He's bad period..I think he thought he was a praying mantis the way he was moving around last night.

No fear though Curch and Johnson will make things better next year
  17. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We missed Scandrick laugh he was out the last several games and it hurt the defense. Scandrick is not all world or ever going to have a ton of INt's but he is a solid 3rd CB we needed out their last night and he is a better tackler than Jenkins would have been out there.
  18. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,194 Messages
    941 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  19. WilmingtonHeel

WilmingtonHeel Member

910 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's more than Sensi how many interceptions we have as a team? we are probably last in the league. I'm starting to think we're not coach properly and we're unlucky. We rarely get jump balls or any EASY picks like other teams. At least once or twice a game just about every QB will throw the ball high and it gets tipped how many times this happens to us? Really think:banghead: about it
  20. Zordon

Zordon Infinite Crab Meats...

8,254 Messages
    2,979 Likes Received
    he is one of if not the most pathetic players on the team