1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Getting Rid Of Romo Isn't The Answer

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboys&LakersFan, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Getting rid of Tony Romo whether it be trading him or just not re-signing him isn't the answer. That won't do anything, but make us a much worse football team. Some people have suggested benching him for Kyle Orton, but how is that supposed to be help? Orton couldn't even beat Tim Tebow last year who was one of the worst starting quarterbacks last season. He's not mobile at all like Romo is and would get destroyed by this joke of an offensive line.

People look at his four interceptions yesterday and immediately jump all over him, but none of them were really on him. The first interception Dez Bryant ran a lazy route and as a result the safety jumped in the pass and got the pick. It was very similar the first interception against Chicago at the beginning of the month. When you're a quarterback you expect the receiver to be able to run the route correctly and catch the football. With Dez he's so freaking clueless when it comes to running routes that it often leads to turnovers.

The second one Romo did what Eli does so many times which is throw the football up for grabs and give his receiver a chance to make a play. Austin didn't even attempt to make a play. People wonder why Romo doesn't do that more often well that's why he doesn't trust his wide outs to go out there and go get the ball. Look at Eli's first play of the game he did the exact same thing Romo did with Austin except Eli's receiver went up and made a great catch.

The third pick was just a phenomenal play by an incredibly athletic defensive linemen in Jason Pierre Paul. He's without question the most athletic defensive lineman in the NFL right now. Maybe the best in general. I guarantee there's not another defensive lineman that would've made that play he made. He has killed the Cowboys so far in his short career. Last season as we remember he blocked a potential game tying field goal and yesterday the big interception returned for a touchdown. The guy is just an incredible football player. Really a mini DeMarcus Ware.

The fourth and final interception was just a desperation type play similar to the one in 2007. Romo had to do something and it was picked off. He does have thirteen interceptions on the season, but only about half of them are really on him. The very first pick of the season against the Giants in Week 1, his second pick of the season against Seattle in the next week, the one against Tampa Bay the week after that, then the two desperation picks against Chicago towards the end of the game, than the one against Baltimore. The rest were on his idiot wide recievers for not running their routes correctly and the offensive line for not protecting him.

People can blame Tony all they want, but he isn't the problem in Dallas. It's Jerry Jones. The guy is an idiot. He drafted a cornerback and spent 50 million on another one. That's just ********. He should've used that money to get an offensive linemen that can actually block. This line is a joke. Yesterday might've been their worst outing of the season. Romo just kept getting hit and hit and he was forced to throw 62 times. That's way too many. No run game at all without DeMarco Murray. Felix Jones was pathetic. His turnover in the fourth quarter vist us the game.

Eli is terrific, but unlike Romo he has adequate pass protection and also a very consistent and reliable receiving core that consistently runs the right routes and doesn't drop the football. The Cowboys wide outs have been really inconsistent when it comes to catching the ball. Dez the guy who was supposed to emerge this season and become a legit superstar has six drops on the season. He has been a huge disappointment. If Eli played for the Cowboys I doubt he'd be anymore successful than Romo has with this idiot receivers. The only reliable one we have is Jason Witten.
  2. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,563 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Agreed for the most part, but the Giants do drop balls. I don't blame the third int on him either, any QB would of gotten picked off there, that was just an amazing play by JPP. Just like a good pass beats good coverage every time, you can't stop it.

I don't agree with the corner back arguement, they're saving us right now. Without them we're 1-6 or 2-5.
  3. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,976 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    its the only answer,he's garbage.and i said it before it became obvious to the laymans on this board.
  4. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,606 Messages
    1,875 Likes Received
    4 INT's and none are really his fault? :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

C'mon man. Who threw the ball? Did somebody force him to throw when and where he didnt want to?

You guys make excuses week after week after week. :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

I like Romo, but these kind of games are simply inexcusable.
  5. landryscorner

landryscorner Active Member

1,433 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Have to respond to this post....Austin did give up on one of those int's and he's actually done it many times where he gives up....he had a chance on that ball but gave up...clearly you can see that on video
  6. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,161 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    I can't absolve Romo of all blame. I agree with you on the first and final interceptions, though.

On the second one, he threw it too far outside of Austin, which forced him to have to try to go through the defender to get it instead of truly being a jump ball (which is what Eli throws most of the time). Romo might have been trying to avoid allowing the safety to make a play on it (as suggested by the broadcast team), but if he had to throw it back against Austin's momentum to do so, then he shouldn't have thrown it. Now, I do think the corner impeded Austin's ability to get back to the ball (and interference could have been called), but I understand why it wasn't.

The interception by JPP was a bad read by Romo. The defensive end on that side either has to commit to the pass rush or be chopped down by the lineman in order for that throw to be made. When JPP did not go upfield, inside or get movement on Smith, Romo should have chunked that ball out of bounds. Now, JPP made a good play, but he was in the path of the pass and Romo doesn't need to be guessing that he won't step back, jump up and at least bat the ball. I'm still not sure why if that was the called play, Dallas didn't have Smith cut JPP.

But I do agree with your overall premise: Getting rid of Romo is not going to solve this team's problems. Romo wasn't the sole reason we fell behind, but he was the primary reason we came back and had a chance to win that game.
  7. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who ran the wrong route? Dez Bryant. Who refused to go up and attempt to catch the football? Miles Austin. Eli throws it up for grabs all the time and mote often than not his reciever makes the catch. They're so much more consistent than the recievers the Cowboys have. The fourth one was a desperation throw and as I said the 3rd one was just a phenomenal play by JPP. Romo has thrown alot of interceptions this season, but half of them are on his supporting cast specifically the recievers. Dez has six drops on the year and incredibly unreliable, Ogeltree hasn't done jack since Week 1, Miles is the only somewhat consistent wide out.
  8. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,758 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    Go take an elementary level typing class and come back.

Thank you.
  9. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Romo is notorious for getting the dump-off pass in the backfield swatted or incomplete. He has got to get better of putting more into those short ones behind the line. To many times he just lifts it over the DE.

JPP is BEAST though. DAYMNNN!
  10. WPBCowboysFan

5,606 Messages
    1,875 Likes Received
    Make all the "good excuses" you like. Its still on Romo. He is the QB.

I like Romo and have made all the excuses for him in the past. Excuses dont cut it anymore. This is the NFL.

If we are talking JV football, moral victories and excuses maybe help in justifying, but the NFl is results oriented.

Romo is at fault - plain and simple. He needs to look in the mirror. You need to put down the Romo Pitcher of Kool-Aid. We are talking 4, yep, 4 INT's.
  11. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I stopped reading at "none of those interceptions were on him". :rolleyes:
  12. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,758 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    Well, at least you can count to four.
  13. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,705 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    you're right getting rid of Romo isnt the answer unless you include Garrett too
  14. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,161 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    Not sure I remember many of his dump-offs being swatted, or at least any more than other quarterbacks. Most of the time, he makes the right read on them (since it's based on the coverage and what the end on that side does). He just didn't this time. He clearly was expecting JPP to continue his pass rush and took that risk to his detriment.
  15. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's not en excuse when it's the truth. Romo's supporting cast continues to let him down. It's been happening for several years and no more than this season. People can whine about Romo all they want, but the fact of the matter is the guy's supporting cast is just incredibly inconsistent. How is it his fault that the offensive line can't provide pass protection is he supposed to block for himself too? The recievers are about as dumb as a rock particularly Ogeltree and Bryant. Romo consistently places the football in the right spot only for these morons drop the football or run a crappy route which will result in an interception. They're talented sure, but one of the dumbest groups of wideouts in recent memory. I'd much rather have a slightly less talented, but far smarter group of wide outs like the Giants or Patriots than this mentally incompetent group. Miles Austin is the only reciever who isn't football stupid.
  16. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,563 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Don't waste your time.
  17. WPBCowboysFan

5,606 Messages
    1,875 Likes Received
    So Witten is football stupid?

I was in denial about Romo for years. I like him. Im glad we have him. I just have seen this rerun too many times. I woke up. I finally forced myself to step back and be objective about it. And until you and the other in denial Romo apologists do the same, you'll continue to shift blame, even tho Romo has to take responsibility.
  18. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I was talking about wide recievers. Jason Witten is tight end. As for Romo it's not so much about defending him and is it just realizing that he isn't the problem with the Cowboys. It's his supporting cast. They're simply not consistent or good enough for Romo to be successful and win a Super Bowl. You need great players around you that are consistently great not just great one week and then a no show the other. We have too many players like that and not enough consist yell great players. Witten is really the only one the weapon Romo has that in grat and reliable every single week.
  19. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,976 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    aaron rodgers has been sacked 28 times already.

ol is not the cause of romo's failures.

rodgers can move a little bit in the pocket, so dont come at me with how romo does this great job of avoiding pressure.

cowboys are on pace to give up 28.8 sacks this season.packers are on pace to give up 56.

cowboys fans are clueless.
  20. WPBCowboysFan

5,606 Messages
    1,875 Likes Received
    With that reasoning the WR's could say Romo isnt putting the ball where he should and they cant do it all by themslves.

You gotta put aside that Romo love and look at him just like you would any other player on the team. There is no excusing 4 INT's, period. There just isn't.

You cant see it. You cant see that this is a results oriented league. You cant see that the QB HAS to accept responsibility. You cant see that he has to make better decisions.

I know, I know, its the other 52 players, even tho they dont throw the ball.