1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Getting Rid Of Romo Isn't The Answer

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboys&LakersFan, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What the hell does Rodgers have to with Romo and our pass protection issues? Saying the OL hasn't been responsible for some turnovers is just ridiculous. As a quarterback when you're constantly getting pressure in your face you have to force throws which is why Romo has 15 turnovers on the season. If he as actually getting adequate pass protection and had a clean pocket the turnovers would be far down and the offense would be far more consistent. Rodgers is terrific, but alot like Eli does he has a very consistent and reliable wide recieving core. That doesn't take away from his greatness, but just shows that you need reliable and consistent playmakers to be effective throwing the football.
  2. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    :facepalm:
  3. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

34,999 Messages
    2,563 Likes Received
    Posting and football intelligence is inversely and exponentially proportional to a posters use of emoticons.
  4. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Again I'm not saying Romo is devoid of any blame because he has made some poor decisions this season, but if we're talking about the last game against the Giants then none of the interceptions he had were clearly on him. If Ded had ran the right route the first pick wouldn't have happened. If Miles had tried to go up and attempt to catch the football the second wouldn't have happened. The 3rd one as I said earlier was all Jason Pierre Paul. He showed why he's arguably the best defensive linemen in the football right now. The last one had to be made or we had no chance at scoring the ball.
  5. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It is always someone elses fault. No one has answered my question why is it Tony has more miscommunications with his WR than any QB in this league and yes that includes Miles Austin they are out of sync as well. The only person not having issues is Witten. There is always something with Romo and the WR.
  6. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,710 Messages
    1,147 Likes Received
    Ok. You like Romo. I like Romo. You dont blame him, I do.
  7. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Maybe because the wide recievers aren't football smart? There's nothing Romo can do about route running. He's the quarterback not the recievers coach. It's not his responsibility to teach the wide outs how to run routes effectively and catch the damn football. All he can do is put the football in the right spot and they have to catch it. They don't do it consistently.
  8. WPBCowboysFan

4,710 Messages
    1,147 Likes Received
    A) Coaching Issues
    B) WR's are Idiots
    C) Coaches want WR's to execute in an offense not suited to them
    D) A & B
    E) All of the Abpve
  9. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Except I have placed blame on him. I just said in that last post he has made some poor decisions, but not every interception has been on him.
  10. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

1,395 Messages
    200 Likes Received

I think this is ridiculous. The offense has been horrible, the blame falls squarely on the shoulders of Garret, and everyone on that side of the ball. This ridiculous view that none of the picks are Romo fault is just flat out dumb. Romo forces passes and makes dumb decisions at the worst possible time. He's been doing that since Dez was in high school but all of a sudden now these things are because of Dez or Miles? Give me a break. The difference between then and now is age and experience , Romo has both and still makes the worst possible decision. If he takes a couple sacks, maybe throw the ball away yesterday, the cowboys win.

People need to realistically evaluate this guy. This homer stuff and love for Romo is just crazy.
  11. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    I don't think you're qualified to judge any thoughts about football knowledge, jobb.

Having to read silly posts every week about how nothing is ever Romo's fault and seeing another list of excuses rattled off for him is simply exhausting. Broken record posting doesn't equal football knowledge.
  12. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,610 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    romo had a clean pocket on interception one and two.

romo has reliable receivers, when orton takes over, you'll see how reliable they can be with a true professional qb!
  13. pupulehaole

pupulehaole Well-Known Member

1,397 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    Lol @ the Romo apologists.
  14. Cowboys&LakersFan

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The blind hate for Romo is just crazy. You people refuse to acknowledge the true problems with the team particularly on offense. The recievers are just clueless when it comes to running routes and catching the football consistently. Romo can't throw the football, run the routes for the recievers, and catch the football for them. All Romo can do is throw the football and put it in the right spot. He does that more often that not, yet the idiot recievers still can't catch the ball consistently. Also pass blocking is a big issue. It's been awful this season. Romo is constantly getting pressure in his face which has led to alot of rushed throws this season. The only reason the sack number isn't really high is because Romo has an incredible ability to avoid the pressure and sacks.
  15. pupulehaole

pupulehaole Well-Known Member

1,397 Messages
    95 Likes Received
    Your ignorance amuses me :D
  16. RoyTheHammer

13,741 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    I agree.. just as crazy as the blind praise for him.
  17. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

LOL. I used to be young once and rooted for my Cowboys like they could do absolutely no wrong. That probably ended somewhere around the age of 12. Some people just stay young longer than others. :)
  18. WPBCowboysFan

4,710 Messages
    1,147 Likes Received
    :bow:

Good post!

Romo can be very good. The good isnt the issue. And you have stated it well.
  19. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,610 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    myth

this is the biggest sports myth since mcguire and sosa "saved" baseball, deion sanders "shut down" half the field, and now tony romo's "incredible" ability to avoid the pressure and sacks.

i dont believe you, you need more people.
  20. WPBCowboysFan

4,710 Messages
    1,147 Likes Received
    Ignorance is a bit harsh.

Its over analysis. If you look at almost every interception in the NFL, from all QB's, you can find reason to shift blame.

Bottom line is you have to under analyze sometimes and simply look at the results.