1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Getting Rid Of Romo Isn't The Answer

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboys&LakersFan, Oct 29, 2012.

1. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    Romo is currently the 24th rated QB in the nfl, with a passer rating of 78. I don't care if he finishes the season, or Orton does, it's time to draft a first round QB. There are rookies out there on crap teams who are doing as well.

Last year he had a huge hand in giving away 2 losses and if you count the Pats, then it's 3 losses. He came on down the stretch and all was forgiven, by some here, although he still cost us a play-off shot by giving away 2-3 games. Same MO this year, at some point he might pull it together and we'll **maybe** have a shot at play-offs, but I'm not holding my breath.

Which Tony will show this week?

Lets face it, defenses are challenging us to throw down field, until we do, we're screwed.
  2. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    I said "last night." Also, I'm not comparing apples to oranges. The post I responded to was about making the offense Romo friendly, or controlling the game with high percentage plays. You can cherry pick any QBs game you want and say "look, he threw ints" but the reality is that the 49ers are built on low mistake football and a majority of the time it works. Look at what Romo did in the second half when he took the underneath stuff and worked on drives vs homeruns, etc.
  3. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,706 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    This is true!
  4. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,503 Messages
    6,058 Likes Received
    really? why are you trying to re-write history. i'm not going to pull up your past posts, but it's well known you've described eli as being lucky several times on here.
  5. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,503 Messages
    6,058 Likes Received
    oh really, so NOW it's flawed? i never seen someone flip flop as much as you. :laugh2:

here is you, CLF, using PASSER RATING several times to defend Romo the last few months.

like I said, you are pretty much troll status at this point.
  6. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    /thread.
  7. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,311 Messages
    1,471 Likes Received
    Boom!
  8. Wayne02

2,706 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    Ouch. That was the nail in the coffin for CLF.
  9. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    You musy be a genius. Anyone who would brag about how smart they are and call everyone else laymans must have the credentials to back it up.

I am almost in awe of you as much as you are of yourself!
  10. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,408 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Wow. I have been telling him to read more, post less for several months now...

The kid excuse only gets you so far before you start to get called out on stuff and thus smashed.

But stats don't always tell the story. Been saying that for many years.
  11. Spanky2231

Spanky2231 Member

43 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I will gladly back up Romo
    Romo without those 2 bad games is 119/178 67% 1329 yards at 266 YPG 7 TD 4 int 3-2 in those games(FG away from 4-1)
    Cowboys in the NFL are 3rd in passing, 28th in Rushing
    So I wonder what you would be saying if that FG goes in and Dez keeps his fingers in bounds..Romo put us in position to win both of those games and he doesn't kick or catch. I agree he should go back to bus driver mode but its tough when the team cant/wont run the ball. So yea you are right stats don't always tell the whole story.
  12. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,456 Messages
    440 Likes Received
    No excuse for this, no defending this at all.

Romo failed, give up on defending him. Tony Romo doesn't need your defense or your backing.

[youtube]lIpQD9U0mXM[/youtube]
  13. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Notice the WR right next to the left of KO, whose job is to carry the deep safety over the middle of the field to get single coverage for Ogletree, who, it is obviously clear, was his first read. Romo looks in the center of the field as well to draw the safety into the middle. Miles wasn't even his first read let alone probably even second.

The pass to Ogletree is the WR they were looking for in that play-design... He didn't beat the CB on man-to-man and the CB played it well.

It does nothing to absolve Garrett of the bone-headed play-calling in this series, nor does it absolve Garrett of the bone-headed play-calling that happened on the drive that followed Dallas taking the lead in the end of third.
  14. Spanky2231

Spanky2231 Member

43 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Did that hit his hand? what a bad decision and pass.:lmao2:
  15. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There is an article in the other forum Romo audible into the call had was going to Otree all the way
  16. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's obvious KO was the first read by play-design with Miles Austin nowhere near close to him even being an early read. Look at the WR right next to KO that draws the safety to the middle of the field. And look at where Romo is looking towards at the beginning of the snap, towards the area they were drawing the safety to.

He pulled the safety, the WR pulled the safety and the play got 1 on 1 coverage on KO, which is exactly what the play called for.
  17. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,086 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    What is a Hyperhole?
  18. sookiebookie

sookiebookie New Member

3 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    this is entertaining. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2: where's CLF been to defend his golden boy?
  19. Wayne02

2,706 Messages
    806 Likes Received

Zordon just destroyed him so he probably won't be commenting on this thread again lol.
  20. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,503 Messages
    6,058 Likes Received
    this is the longest CLF has gone without posting on this board. :laugh1: