1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Getting Rid Of Romo Isn't The Answer

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cowboys&LakersFan, Oct 29, 2012.

1. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,086 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Probably just a coincidence.
  2. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Without mod assistance, yes.
  3. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  4. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,437 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    Just want to add what Jason Garrett has to say about whose at fault for Romo's interceptions this year.

5. HappyOnions

HappyOnions Datwin

958 Messages
    567 Likes Received
    How can you call acquiring Carr and Claiborne bad moves especially considering that you absolve Romo of all blame in the season finale and blame it on the secondary getting shredded? You can't say that "Romo did everything he could but the secondary got torched" and then complain about the team trying to improve the secondary.
  6. pupulehaole

pupulehaole Well-Known Member

1,427 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Don't bother asking him. He got destroyed and i doubt he will be showing up in here again lol. Thank God.
  7. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,455 Messages
    419 Likes Received
  8. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,087 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    Getting rid of Romo is the answer because Romo is not the future, even if he wasn't having such a awful season right now that would still be true. At best you're getting 4 more years out of him playing at a high level. If we want more then a long shot all inn 3-4 years from now at a SB we're going to have to build for long term success. There is no long term with Romo and judging by his play this season he's already declining so there is no right now either
  9. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,249 Messages
    1,456 Likes Received
    And you actually believe JG knows what the hell he is talking about? The wannabe couch that had been learning on the job? Garrett is freaking clueless and his statement proves that.

Your boy Romo is a flat out joke. Deal with it.
  10. the_h0wey

1,086 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Coach*?
  11. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

2,706 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    He's staying away for awhile so when he finally comes back, he'll probably assume that we all forgot about how he was annihilated.
  12. the_h0wey

1,086 Messages
    117 Likes Received

Never Forget 10/30/12
  13. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    I'm not sure if any of you pay attention or follow Greg Cosell on Twiter. Most NFL people think he is one of the top analysts in the league. He is one of the top guys studying film at NFL Films and in producing their matchup shows. This is what he said today on Romo:

https://twitter.com/evansilva

.@
    I think Romo digs his own grave and is so up and down but I do trust that guys analysis.
  14. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Totally agree with you on Cosell. He is top notch when it comes to breaking down film and appears to be completely objective in the process. Over the years, he's said some complimentary things about some Cowboys and has also said some things that might hurt the feelings of some of the more sensitive fans. He has convinced me to change my mind a few times about particular plays and players.
  15. the_h0wey

1,086 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Lucky for us we don't have any sensative fans around here.
  16. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    Yup, I love hearing his breakdown on players. Completely a film freak who watches game after game to see what is really going on with players. Enjoy his work.
  17. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

He-he, that's what I was thinking.
  18. gimmesix

9,437 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    So you don't think the coach should know when an interception is the fault of the QB and when it was because of other circumstances?

I think most people know who the joke is when it comes to this subject, and it ain't Garrett.
  19. gimmesix

9,437 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    It doesn't take someone like Cosell to figure this out, but unfortunately around here, we have a lot more Theismanns than Cosells.
  20. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,208 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    people focus too much on romo's obvious mistakes.

i dont care about the interceptions.

i wonder what is cosell's opinion on romo missing a wide open witten on a critical 2 and 1, is that dez bryant's fault too?do we even get into his decision to trust ogletree with the game on the line?

the thing i cant stand about romo is the plays he leaves on the field.

plays that have nothing to do with bad routes, garbage offensive line, or any other excuses this board uses to defend him.

why does he miss so many critical passes?

passes that kill this teams spirit and chances of momentum:

hanna in the end zone.

bryant sure td vs the bears.

austin td vs bears.

witten 2 and 1

witten at the five yard line.

miles austin td pass vs carolina.

wide open dez bryant vs the giants at giants stadium.

the pass dez had to wait what seemed days to finally come down.a better pass and dez may have scored on that break down by the giants defense.

why cant any of his deepballs have zip on it?

why do they all seem to float like dead ducks?