Giants shopping at Nordstroms, Cowboys shopping at Ross Dress for Less

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Mar 17, 2017.

1. haleyrules

haleyrules Well-Known Member

7,985 Messages
    20,282 Likes Received
    Amen!! It is an indication that drafting in recent years as not paid off. Thats why clubs go crazy in FA's. Trying to stay even or catch up. Ask Ole Jerry about it.

cowboy_ron and LocimusPrime like this.
  2. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

3,444 Messages
    2,583 Likes Received
    I said it in another thread we aren't shopping at Ross, Marshals, TJ Max, or even Nordstrum Rack, we are shopping at The Dollar Store.

LocimusPrime likes this.
  3. Asklesko

Asklesko Well-Known Member

1,256 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    no, cowboys are shopping at good will

LocimusPrime likes this.
  4. okstateCowboy

okstateCowboy Well-Known Member

698 Messages
    1,256 Likes Received
    ... and somehow both teams have maxed-out credit cards

LocimusPrime likes this.
  5. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

5,149 Messages
    4,111 Likes Received
    Nothing wrong with Ross. Store can be a little unorganized at times but I'll go there before I step foot in Nordstroms, where all the yuppies go.

iamliko22 likes this.
  6. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

5,149 Messages
    4,111 Likes Received
    It's just like the credit card game. Max out the cards and keep moving money to other cards and transferring balances. You still owe the same amounts but are just moving it. I'm sure they did a lot of restructuring. I don't know their situation but I wonder if they have any terrible contracts like the Romo one we are dealing with. We are being handcuffed by his god awful contract.

7. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

7,142 Messages
    4,261 Likes Received
    Someone give Jerry Jones a prize for sitting out free agency. This is very un-Jerry like. The Cowboys have a strong young nucleus on offense. Their defense did just fine last year. There was no reason to bring in a big name player because continuity should lead to improvement.

8. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

8,164 Messages
    1,701 Likes Received
    When have we been shopping.

We picked up some dudes with cardboard signs on the side of the road.

Asklesko, dplant22 and LocimusPrime like this.
  9. Wonderboyromo

Wonderboyromo Well-Known Member

2,089 Messages
    981 Likes Received
    this is so dumb. they have to buy expensive clothes because the cowboys have been making their own way higher quality clothes for 5+ years.

10. sean10mm

sean10mm Well-Known Member

454 Messages
    537 Likes Received
    The team was doing so much better when Jerry was wheeln' and dealin' and blowing big money on players from like 1996-2010 (give or take a year.)

Oh wait

11. p_tubbs

p_tubbs Member

53 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    WHO CARES!!!

12. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

6,019 Messages
    1,896 Likes Received
    We're shopping for accessories while they're shopping for outfits! We have a closet full of designer outfits!

13. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

41,339 Messages
    6,117 Likes Received
    It is not. Hell, my wife has more money then God (of course I myself, I am more poor then church mouse) and she will shop at Ross as well, once in a while. It's not the place she goes most but on occasion, she does. It's just a store that a lot of people go to in order to find cheaper stuff, as opposed to top of the line stuff. Ross buys overstocked or discontinued product cheap and sells it cheap. All the stuff is not crap. At least, that's the way it is here.

14. Sandyf

Sandyf Active Member

769 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    Giants and Eagles and Redskins all spent way more money than Dallas last year and what were the results. Sure you can shop at Tiffanys but it does not guarantee you anything. It is March and not even been a draft of potential starters, nor OTA and potential of adding other free agents then and during training camp and the final cuts. Lots of things will change and the defense isn't any worse off today than it was at the end of the season actually could be better depending on Peae, Moore, Jaylon Smith, Charles Tapper and Nolan Carroll, we just have to wait and see.

Proximo likes this.
  15. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

2,638 Messages
    1,347 Likes Received
    Jerry buys his 2nd round draft picks at Ross. These are the designer label players you can get at Nordstroms that have some type of defect.

He buys his offensive line (bulk items) at Costco.

He buys his defensive linemen at IKEA (it's been three years and he still can't get it assembled).

LocimusPrime likes this.
  16. LocimusPrime

LocimusPrime Well-Known Member

9,103 Messages
    19,672 Likes Received
    Ouch the only thing I like at IKEA is the lingonberry drink and 2 hotdogs for $1. Got a dresser there a long time ago it lasted like 5 years not bad for $65

haleyrules likes this.
  17. ThreeandOut

2,638 Messages
    1,347 Likes Received
    Just spent this Saturday putting together a dresser we bought there. The assembly wasn't too bad but it had a lot of dang parts.

LocimusPrime likes this.
  18. LocimusPrime

LocimusPrime Well-Known Member

9,103 Messages
    19,672 Likes Received
    I figured that every time they have a dowel or something like that, I always put a little wood glue or liquid nails.

haleyrules and ThreeandOut like this.
  19. ThreeandOut

2,638 Messages
    1,347 Likes Received
    Maybe Jerry could trade Romo on EBay.

Asklesko, haleyrules and LocimusPrime like this.
  20. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

22,952 Messages
    3,550 Likes Received
    How many times has the off-season Champion won the actual SB? I can think of Denver and that's about it.

NYG spent a ton on their DL last year and had the same basic sack numbers as Dallas.
    You don't win through marquee free agency. It's been proven hundreds of times.
    The Redskins won every off-season for a decade and never finished above 3rd place in the division during that stretch.

The Giants had issues drafting and now are having to overpay in free agency.
    It takes a couple years for those bills to come due but they will.