1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Giants struggling to score in preseason doesn't bode well for Cowboys opener

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by MichaelWinicki, Aug 20, 2013.

1. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,239 Messages
    2,864 Likes Received
    Since 2009, the Giants have found and used a formula that has worked when facing the Cowboys:
    They don’t stop ’em, they out-score ’em.
    The way Eli Manning and the offense is clunking along this summer — and now with Victor Cruz out of the picture for a while — it might be a stretch to expect form to hold and for the Giants to stick to the familiar script for the season-opener in Dallas.
    In five offensive possessions in Sunday’s 20-12 preseason loss to the Colts Sunday night, Manning managed only two field goal drives, and his red zone efficiency through two games has been dreadful. The running game improved from the opener in Pittsburgh, but the passing did not, and now Manning has to deal with Cruz and his left heel contusion and center David Baas and his sprained left knee.

More... http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/no_PUVQbwiLANGoGE2MFAPotJ
  2. Staubacher

Staubacher Well-Known Member

2,005 Messages
    1,660 Likes Received
    We will beat them in the opener. I predict it wont be that close 31-17
  3. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,364 Messages
    923 Likes Received
    Before we truly turn the corner with the Giants, we need to intercept one of Eli's signature hail mary passes that have worked so well against us in the past.
    Ntegrase96, chip_gilkey and zack like this.
  4. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,621 Messages
    6,386 Likes Received
    I think we should beat the Giants at home, too. If we do, though, it'll have nothing to do with their offensive performances in preseason games.
    Mace likes this.
  5. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,544 Messages
    1,140 Likes Received
    I don't want this team feeling comfortable going into opening day. Eli has owned this team in Dallas. So it's time to take care if business. I'm looking at you defense it's time to rough Eli up and get some TO's. start the season off right and get some confidence.
  6. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,752 Messages
    1,283 Likes Received
    Came so close last year but Carr mistimed the jump.
  7. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,976 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    No more 3-4 defense will help slow Eli down!
  8. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,059 Messages
    1,102 Likes Received
    Their RT Diehl looks like Free did last year. Spencer should have a field day if he can get healthy for game 1.
  9. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,277 Messages
    572 Likes Received

Newman's gone and we are a little better at safety. That dude has built a career on those passes.
  10. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,221 Messages
    2,987 Likes Received
    I just don't put that much on pre season scoring. I fully expect the Giants to be ready to go on opening day, Cowboys best get themselfs ready for a hard fight with NY.
    Macnalty likes this.
  11. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,240 Messages
    1,573 Likes Received
    We get pressure with the front four, we win by 14 +. Fail to do that consistently, and we could very well lose in another shootout.
  12. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,761 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    So so far, we can take advantage of not having to play JPP, or Von Miller?
  13. nalam

nalam The realist Zone Supporter

1,468 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    We have to get that monkey off our back , beat them in our stadium and beat them convincingly . may be it will start a flow to this team and things will start rolling the right way.

I hate those flopping ducks Eli throws when under pressure and somehow some one makes a play. enough of those!
  14. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,833 Messages
    850 Likes Received
    What I'm afraid of is that our team will build a comfortable lead say 2-3 TDs. Then Garrett gets complacent and makes the offense go conservative. This allows the Giants to catchup and win this game. If that happens, I'll be pissed. Garrett better not be calling any of the plays whatsoever. If thats the case we have no hope for this team.
  15. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,221 Messages
    2,987 Likes Received
    Yet when Dallas had a good lead on Det Garrett was ripped for not going conservative.
    As for the exaggerated comment abut we have no hope if he calls any of the plays? lol
  16. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,912 Messages
    5,322 Likes Received
    They're actually averaging more points than us so far this preseason.
  17. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,678 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    Giants are pretty unstoppable at Dallas' new stadium.

Giants just get those damn breaks against Dallas at Dallas' stadium.

I don't see Dallas winning.
  18. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,953 Messages
    439 Likes Received
    We should start off the season 4-0. And frankly, without Von "I see blue stars and green clovers" Miller, I see no reason why we shouldn't beat the Broncos. Starting off 5-0 heading into the meat of our schedule would be pretty sweet. Let's get it done.
  19. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,953 Messages
    439 Likes Received
    That deserves a face palm.
  20. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,752 Messages
    1,283 Likes Received
    Has anyone else noticed that we've struggled scoring quite a bit as well? Not sure how this is a slam dunk for us.
    Zordon likes this.