1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Giants | Team keying on a linebacker in Round One

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 16, 2006.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,432 Messages
    4,390 Likes Received
    Sun, 16 Apr 2006 07:32:02 -0700

Gary Myers, of the New York Daily News, reports the New York Giants are a virtual lock to draft a linebacker at No. 25 in the first round of the NFL Draft. It will likely come from these three: LB DeMeco Ryans (Alabama), LB Bobby Carpenter (Ohio State) and LB Chad Greenway (Iowa). Carpenter is the son of former Giants RB Rob Carpenter.
  2. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,756 Messages
    2,516 Likes Received
    No surprise on that one.

If we trade down we have to stay ahead of the Giants.
  3. MiStar

MiStar New Member

395 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ... and the Patriots.
  4. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,288 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    So, in other words, just stay put and take Carpenter.
  5. Big Country

Big Country Rolling Thunder

3,716 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Pleeeease, I don't want to see Carpenter going to NY!!! No friggin' way. I would very much like to see Bobby C. in Dallas wearing a star... well during the regular season anyway... if he lands in Big D, he wont be wearing nothing but a silver helmet in TC and fetching his dad's old head-coach water. Pleeeease get Bobby. Even at 18 we'd be just fine selecting the OSU LB.
  6. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,465 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    Yeah i agree, I definitely don't want to see Carpenter in NY. I'd love to get Lawson but Carpenter may be a better fit.
  7. Dayton Cowboy

Dayton Cowboy Active Member

1,847 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree, I've been saying all along we can't move past 20. I would not be at all surprised to see NE take Carpenter if he's there at 21 when they pick.
  8. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I'm pretty indifferent between Carpenter, Lawson, and Wembley. I have to think BP is going to get the best guy for our system.
  9. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,112 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  10. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,112 Messages
    1,263 Likes Received
    I'm just hoping we have a chance at Lawson here. I think he will be in the pro-bowl by year 2 or 3. I actually see Ware and Lawson being the most feared linebackers in the NFL in a couple of years providing we get a better NT to help in running downs.

If we draft Carpenter, I think that Carpenter can be a monster in this system as well. He may not get the sack numbers, but I think his leadership abilities will come into play, and his mean aggressive attitude will be a great asset.

However, if we don't get any of these guys, I think that Gocong/Mark Anderson, guys like that can be just as good, maybe not immediately, but eventually.
  11. rexrobinson

rexrobinson Active Member

1,039 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Quoted for Truth and Excellency!

Seriously, Parcells, the Godfather judging linebacker talent, will get us the best one possible! When people start questioning BPs decesion on linebackers I always have to laugh. Speak up if you are a 2 time SB winning coach who has drafted some of the top linebackers in NFL history?

Sure is quiet!