1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Giants to go hard after Dansby and Sharper..

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by miamicowboy21, Feb 27, 2010.

1. miamicowboy21

miamicowboy21 Active Member

2,836 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Listening Giants beat writer at the combine. He said Jerry Reese is ready to write some big checks. The reason they like sharper is because Kenny Phillips has an arthritic condition in his knee and Reese believes he can't put all of his eggs in one basket.

2. miamicowboy21

miamicowboy21 Active Member

2,836 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Also heard that if they get dansby in free agency they could go after C..J SPILLER in the draft.

3. NextGenBoys

NextGenBoys Well-Known Member

8,477 Messages
    803 Likes Received
    Great, just freaking great.

I hope we make a push for Sharper. I dont care how old he is the guy can play.

4. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,825 Messages
    943 Likes Received

Sharper was horrible in run support...I realize this is a passing league but I'd still want a guy that can bring down a ball carrier. And look how much productivity the gints got from their free agents last year....let them spend the $$ to get those guys and just watch them underachieve in that system.

5. AustnIsMySaviour

AustnIsMySaviour Benched

366 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    good, earl thomas could drop even more.

6. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,661 Messages
    367 Likes Received
    I just dont think either of these two guys will turn their team around.

Remember last year, when they grabbed 3-4 players and that was supposed to make their defense elite. LB Boley, Canty etc. Didn't help.

7. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus

4,627 Messages
    521 Likes Received
    I like your thinking.

I hate the Giants. They're gonna be a pain this year. We have a hard time with their WRs and their D should be better. Hopefully, we continue to improve and they keep wallowing around .500.

8. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

23,722 Messages
    4,437 Likes Received
    Hey, let 'em run up a heck of an expense account until the cap returns....and the 'bloody morning after...'

At this point, that, if true, would mean they were trying to get ahead of the Cowboys. Our Cowboys are young AND growing, without paying out more!

9. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

45,394 Messages
    3,982 Likes Received
    People are freaking out about *one* really good season from Sharper late in his career. Yes, he's been a good safety over his career and yes he had a crazy good season in 2009, but it's not likely he's going to have that kind of season again in his career.

10. ThrowuptheXDez88

ThrowuptheXDez88 Well-Known Member

2,250 Messages
    178 Likes Received
    If Earl Thomas fell to 19, I would go get him.. Other people will question me and say we need more needs than just giving up a couple draft picks.. I know we need o-line depth and for them to be ready after the old guys are done but just a secondary of jenkins-scandrick-sensabaugh-thomas after Hamlin & T-New are out the door. I can dream

11. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,216 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    That's fine with me. Let them.

12. dcfanatic

dcfanatic Benched

10,408 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Giants and Eagles have good front offices.

Three team race once again next season.

I like our chances.

13. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

63,536 Messages
    15,881 Likes Received
    Pass. We need to get young stud who will be here a long time.

14. NextGenBoys

8,477 Messages
    803 Likes Received
    You're right, he probably wont tie a career-high with 9 picks, and set a career high with 3 defensive touchdowns like he did last year.

That's not the point. The point is he's still better than any other player that we have a shot at getting. And I'm all for the youth movement too, getting Sharper doesnt mean we cant draft a playmaking safety, it means the young'n gets to learn for a year (which is ideal)

15. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    one has to believe Sharper's better days are behind him, he is a playmaker, true,but how long does anyone think he can play at that level when he will be 35 years old.. not likely

16. NextGenBoys

8,477 Messages
    803 Likes Received
    I'm in no way suggesting we sign Sharper to a long term deal, and ignore safety via draft.

You sign him as a stop gap for a year, and draft a safety and let the rook learn the ropes from one of the best ballhawk FS of all time.

17. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

12,833 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    If we didnt already have Brooking, I would be all for going after Dansby.

18. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is complete bull****. Why arn't the COWBOYS looking at Darren Sharper?

cmon Jerry!!!!

19. SLATEmosphere

SLATEmosphere Benched

9,633 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, Brooking is screwing everything up. Dansby and James would be absolutly beastly. Buuuut of course we have another 35 year old ILB.

20. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

12,833 Messages
    619 Likes Received
    im damn glad we have brooking, just wish he was about 5 years younger