1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Gil Brandt posted his Top 100 Prospects List.w/video link

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Feb 28, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...one-these-are-top-prospects-of-2011-nfl-draft

It's what I did in compiling my "Hot 100" list of prospects, all of whom will be represented at the combine this week in Indianapolis. I took out all the non-football things that go into a complete analysis of a player and listed them strictly on talent and ability. It's not a mock draft, but this should give you an idea of how they are rated by most NFL teams as players.

Note:Tiers are listed alphabetically; * denotes early entrant.

Tier 1
    Da'Quan Bowers*, DE, Clemson, 6-4, 276
    Can get after the quarterback. Had 15.5 sacks for the Tigers in 2010. Has very good speed for position.
    Marcell Dareus*, DT, Alabama
    Can play in both 3-4 and 4-3 defensive schemes. Had 4.5 sacks for Crimson Tide in 2010. Never takes a play off.
    Nick Fairley*, DT, Auburn, 6-5, 300
    Only played two years at Auburn after spending first two years at junior college. Had 11.5 sacks for Tigers in 2010.
    Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai
    Blaine Gabbert*, QB, Missouri, 6-4, 235
    Two-year starter. Mobility a strength. Completed 63.4 percent of his passes in 2010. Works best out of the shotgun.
    A.J. Green*, WR, Georgia, 6-3, 212
    Was suspended four games in 2010 by NCAA for sale of a bowl jersey. Still finished with 57 catches and nine TDs.
    Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M, 6-2, 240
    Led the nation in sacks as a junior and even had 10.5 last year despite an early-season injury.
    Cam Newton*, QB, Auburn, 6-5, 245
    Only a one-year college player, but he passed for 30 TDs and ran for 20, with a 66.1 completion percentage.
    Patrick Peterson*, DB, LSU, 6-0, 215
    Very good return man. Able to cover the pass and play strong against the run